It's Armageddon Time (April 17, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Plywood Fiend has wrapped up his trilogy of WC3 themed music videos with today's update. To the tune of "Armageddon" by Alkaline Trio, this clip explores all the many ways that utter destruction was shown in Wing Commander 3. You can grab the 22 meg file here.

--
Original update published on April 17, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
No please don't let this be the last. I'm really enjoying these.
Stargate fan sites have annual competitions of music videos could the CIC organise something similar? Add best fan video of the year to the list of awards given out at christmas time? :D

Any chance you could get the to default to opening in 16:9? I have to make the change myself each time I run :(

Will do, when i have time, i was going to do that for this one but forgetfulness set in.

If i ever manage to lay my claws on wc4 or prophecy then i may do music videos for them, i've run out of ideas for wc3 though.

I doubt its the last one you'll see.

Hmm, It looks like your picture quality has improved (although we already discussed the aspect ratio). Are you encoding at a higher bit rate?

I think it's just a matter that he's choosing better scenes. I was beginning to suspect that you didn't have WC4 or Prophecy (I was just guessing because I hadn't seen anything from either of those games yet come out from you).

Well you seemed to have done a great job with the limited material that you had. Keep it up!

Great job, Plywood Fiend! This is my current WC3 favourite, although your Tribute to Thrakhath reigns supreme in the oddball category :D

Cheers,

BrynS

Again, very nice. I hope your desire of getting WC4 or WCP is fulfilled, that way we can expect even more great music videos. Keep it up.

Pedro said:
Stargate fan sites have annual competitions of music videos could the CIC organise something similar? Add best fan video of the year to the list of awards given out at christmas time? :D
(

That seems to be a very good idea.

Back