Its about time someone at EA pulled their heads out of their asses...

It'd help if you split your lengthy posts into paragraphs
smile.gif

It's not that I don't want KS released again, that's not what my post was about. I explained to you why EA won't release it again.

As for the withstanding the test of time, there's a chance that someday some Win9x will no longer run on without a hitch (or at all) on the newest machines and OSes. Hell, most people already need a Win9x slowdown utility to play the Windows edition of Privateer 2 on a Pentium II. The only workaround for this is getting an old machine...

Last edited:
Just want to point out, most people do have a DOS based OS. Windows 9x is basically still a GUI that runs on top of DOS.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC said:
Just want to point out, most people do have a DOS based OS. Windows 9x is basically still a GUI that runs on top of DOS.

TC

Windows 2000 isn't... And Windows ME is gonna be the last of the Win95/98 line, and I don't even think it has DOS support. I don't want to fool with old Win98 bootdisks under Windows 2000 to run WC2. I never got KS, a lot of people didn't, some of us still had Win 3.11 at that time.

I think a re-release would be a good idea. One idea I had come up with was to intergrate a new version with WCESCRP source mods, and add "load mod" features and a mod manager to the launcher, something like the X-Wing Alliance ShipSet launcher. A patch would be provided for existing users, of course. All this could be done by the WCESCRP with minimum involvement of EA, except publishing.. It would sell at EA Classic price, or could be re-sold as the "KS: WCESCRP Edition". Of course, this is all pure speculation as we have yet to reach 500 signatures and contact EA.

------------------
Please support the Wing Commander Engine Source Code Release Project! Only with the support of the entire community can we achieve our goals! www.wcescrp.cjb.net

How many signatures do you have, Jumper?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Well then Kris, since we basically agree, I'll admit to also having acknowledged the futility. I'm just determined to get a decent and complete response from EA on the matter. Until then , I'll bombard them with email after email after...well, you get the idea. No one's saying its going to be easy, but I feel that we can at least get their attention...and piss them off in the process...mwahahaha...(sigh)

------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

Who said I'd ONLY be sending emails...mwahahahaha...(sigh) A letter a day or a phone call a day will definitely piss them off. I won't rest till I'm on a first name basis. It sounds like I'm just boasting...but I'm a determined son of a bitch.

------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

Well, in that case, they`ll just sue you for harassment.
smile.gif

Good luck, but I think I`ll settle for a letter once a week.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back