Installing on Win 10

Broke82

Spaceman
This has probably been asked countless times, but I'm trying to load WCP on Windows 10 and have used the compatibility trouble shooter to load it (I think). When I try to launch game, the screen goes black, the WC logo flashes and shuts down with a 'iff:: open read 0 of 70732 in menu\cdswap.ff' error. How can I make it work?

Which version of the game are you trying to run? Are you trying to install from the original CDs or is it the GOG version? Are you using any patches or mods?

Do you have an onboard and a dedicated graphics card in your computer? Then you may need to specify which card you want to use for Prophecy. To do this, right-click on the "prophecy.exe" (or one of its shortcuts). In the context menu that opens, you have to expand an entry. What it is called, you have to take a look. With a click on it, the menu expands. Click on the lowest entry, then a window will open. There you can choose which graphics card should be used for the game.

But the problem can also be somewhere else. It's hard to tell with the little information you have given.

Do you have an onboard and a dedicated graphics card in your computer? Then you may need to specify which card you want to use for Prophecy. To do this, right-click on the "prophecy.exe" (or one of its shortcuts). In the context me
Do you have an onboard and a dedicated graphics card in your computer? Then you may need to specify which card you want to use for Prophecy. To do this, right-click on the "prophecy.exe" (or one of its shortcuts). In the context menu that opens, you have to expand an entry. What it is called, you have to take a look. With a click on it, the menu expands. Click on the lowest entry, then a window will open. There you can choose which graphics card should be used for the game.

But the problem can also be somewhere else. It's hard to tell with the little information you have given.

nu that opens, you have to expand an entry. What it is called, you have to take a look. With a click on it, the menu expands. Click on the lowest entry, then a window will open. There you can choose which graphics card should be used for the game.

It's a laptop. If you think it's a graphic card problem, I'll get the stats and post that. Thanx so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot (49).png
    Screenshot (49).png
    1,012 KB · Views: 192
Hi, did you try the OpenGL patch ?

Also try some compatibility modes assuming you know how ? right click on the executable - Properties - compatibility tab and also run the executable as Administrator.

Some guys had success with installing an older directx version like Dx9 - Redistributable, also try a mpeg2 decoder (video stream decoder)

I'm running the game on Windows 10 and it also works on my Windows 10 laptop with Intel integrated graphics.

Back