IMPORTANT: Standoff Episode 5 patch 1.27 now available

PopsiclePete

Mission programmer
A patch is now available via the launcher's auto-update system. If you have it enabled, just start your Standoff launcher while connected to the internet and follow the directions to install the patch. The file is only available via the auto-update system right now.

Here is a list of issues which should be fixed:
- More ATI cards users should now be able to use the new Enhanced Lighting effect (unfortunately it might not help getting HDR to work for more people yet; tis is still under work)
- Added an alternate Enhanced Lighting routine option in the "Troubleshooting" section of the launcher options
- Fixed the number of Crossbows that are available at the start of Episode 5 winning path
- Fixed the crash that occurs when you try to click "Talk to group" after winning the final Episode 5 mission
- Fixed a crash that occurs in the Episode 5 losing path flying the Arrow
- Fixed a crash that occurs in the Episode 5 losing path chasing capship missiles
- Prevents an original bug from WCP where skipping your death/ejection scene would lead to a crash, by disallowing the skipping of the scene
- Spoons status now correctly reported in Episode 5
- Slight visual/audio fixes in earlier episodes
- Fixed some spelling mistakes in subtitles
- Other minor fixes

We ask everyone to please update their games, and to keep reporting any issues (including any problems you may have with the things which we believe we have fixed).

For people waiting for a non-automatic way to get the lastest package: we will monitor this release for bugs, and if it's stable enough we'll have a full package available to download within the next week, this weekend if all goes well.

yay new patch, thanks.

on the ati front,
the enhanced lighting with the alternate opengl routines works and looks great
without the routines, the specular mapping doesn't show up
yeah, bloom doesn't work with either set of routines

are the stolen fighters in the prologue cutscene supposed to be black?

on the ati front,
the enhanced lighting with the alternate opengl routines works and looks great
without the routines, the specular mapping doesn't show up
Great ! Thanks for the report, glad it works for you :)

are the stolen fighters in the prologue cutscene supposed to be black?
They're supposed to be shades of gray; the concept is that it's a black and white flashback scene. With that in mind, if you think there is a glitch with these ships rendering, please screenshot it for us.

Ah well, that's a problem we have with Enhanced Lighting on some ATI cards. Sorry the last fix didn't work for you :(

oh its cool, in flight it works, so i can practice in simulator

edit: in 1.28
cutscenes have proper shading and the fighters taking off the guadacanal arent black
yay

Patch 1.28 now replaces 1.27

We issued a replacement patch for 1.27 tonight; a small error in the OpenGL renderer prevented the new Enhanced Lighting fix for ATI to work properly. If you already downloaded 1.27 yesterday, you'll have to redownload the lastest 1.28 patch. If you're still at 1.26, your launcher will skip 1.27 and download 1.28 directly.

Hope I am not confusing :p

looks like I need a manual patch, the auto update isn't killing the standoff launcher fast enough so I get a crash message.

1.28: ATI Raedon HD4870 X2

Bloom no (everything is black), enchanced lighting yes with the alternate routines.

On the other hand, even more crashes now. Also, it seems like destroyed capital ships aren't rendered correctly now, they just look like normal operational ships and there are no explosions (yet you hear the sounds).

I just like to thank you for stomping all bugs you can find. It is very much appreciated, as it will result in a cleaner mod for all of us concerned with as less crashes as possible.

No, didn't have time to play this yet.
I sure am going to, though.

Is a separate download for 1.28 available, or do you want to fix even more bugs before making it?

The small patches are available through the autoupdater. There isn't one large package.....yet.

We are still working on fixing ALL the bugs in the game so that it's stable and bug-free. Things have been a bit slower this weekend because several people had some important obligations...(like Q getting married :p ). But in this coming week I'll be back into heavy testing now that both my events are over and my neighbor is back with the machine I use for testing.

Yes, I still hope to release updated install packages containing the patches we made so far for tomorrow; hopefully with our team testers back into action they'll be able to provide me with enough information so I can make a decision about it.

Yeah, the testing department had a bit of an off week...we were pretty busy with real life...but I'm back in action now.

Back