Im pissed off. Venting Anger

powell99

Aviation Junkie
I have the worst ass-wipe PE teacher. I work my ass off in that class and do everything have to do. Of course I only weigh 140 pounds and I am six three. I also am the most physically uncoordinated student. Naturally horrible at everything. Anyways the worthless crap-pipe says that he grades on effort. We get our grades and Im getting an F. Bullshit. SO I go up to him and he says that "Oh, I changed how I grade Halfway though the semester."
Sorry about the language. I just needed to talk to someone

I'm the most unfit guy in my class I know. I really need to play more sports. And yet, last year, I got an award in PE class. Boy this world is screwed up.

powell99 said:
SO I go up to him and he says that "Oh, I changed how I grade Halfway though the semester."

I think I believed your story up to this part. If he doesn't grade on effort, how does he grade? I don't think PE teachers have graded on physical ability in decades. If he graded on attitude as well, he might have a point. But clearly the course of action should have been going to the principal if you thought there was really an unfair grade.

My school's gym teachers treated us like little kids. Every christmas we had to do a snow-games relay race. We had to dress up in full snow gear with snow shoes and run laps around the gym and like any other relay pass off to the next person, which required exchanging the snow shoes. I chose not to participate and they told me I was getting a 0 for the day, so add that to the good grades for the other 180 days and I still got an A, idiots. :p

ChrisReid said:
I think I believed your story up to this part. If he doesn't grade on effort, how does he grade? I don't think PE teachers have graded on physical ability in decades. If he graded on attitude as well, he might have a point. But clearly the course of action should have been going to the principal if you thought there was really an unfair grade.
Perhaps I should elaborate. He grades you on effort yes. But, he grades effort differently. He grades students on effort and if they try it untill they get it. Since I never get it he thinks I am dicking around and not working my ass off. Anyways I tried talking to the higher ups and to no avail. I tried and I guess I should hope for a better teacher.

Dang dude, you are skinny! Who gives a crap about failing P.E. It's not like the class means anything in your real life anyways. Talk to your principal, if you honestly feel like you have tried in class. Seriously...who fails P.e., im sure your principal can do something.

6'3" 140 lbs. Dude. Get off the atkins diet. Go out and get yourself a Hardee's MonsterThick Burger. Get 2.

Sucks not to pass PE, though. If the principal won't help you, well, you can't fight city hall and battalion headquarters.

I eat all the Time. Sandwiches too. And not the fake kinds. Ones withb real bread. My family doesnt gian much wait untill 20

ChrisReid said:
I think I believed your story up to this part. If he doesn't grade on effort, how does he grade? I don't think PE teachers have graded on physical ability in decades.

You are a lucky country then I guess. While it seems to be an unspoken rule to not give a mark lower then D here (exception being one student who couldnt swim and therefore got an F and would therefore have to repeat the whole year if he didn't learn it by the end of summer) it was pretty much all results, none effort.

Oh and powell99: I HATE you and people like you who can eat and stay thin. The world is just so unfair.

cff said:
Oh and powell99: I HATE you and people like you who can eat and stay thin. The world is just so unfair.
Ah ha ha. On Christams day I had a three course christmas dinner, two helpings of each (large courses) and a load of celebrations and short bread afterwards, and I didn't gain one single pound.

My advice to powell99 (as I am also skinny and unco-ordinated) is to get some dumbels and work out four or five times a week. Don't start with anything heavier than you can manage comfortably (the last three reps should be on the border line between very hard and struggle, but never cross the line into struggle). Before you know it you've gained a stone in weight, you have a six pack and are rather a lot fitter than before.

Playing a sport like basketball, or my personal favorite ultimate (which was created by unalthletic nerds BTW), which really improves your co-ordination. Best thing to do with ass wipe like your P.E. teacher is not to let them wind you up, and not get angry with them. People like that start to get depressed when they find they can't crush people's spirits.

At the end of the day, working out and playing sports won't change your P.E. teachers attitude, but it will make you feel good and really is in the interests of your health.

I'm am member of the Tall&Skinny league too, with similar problems in PE in the past. My own strategy was to work on coordination skills - which finally, after lots of frustration, lead to getting glasses.
But after my eyes worked correctly (something I never noticed before), I was able to catch balls, make accurate throws, even to juggle a bit after a month of trying.

Now, I'm still no hunk, but went through the army alright, and still do a bit of badminton or basketball whenever there's time. And my eyes are better too, although I spent a lot of time in front of a screen.

cff said:
I HATE you and people like you who can eat and stay thin. The world is just so unfair.

I used to eat six dinners a day... It made no difference at all.

criticalmass said:
I'm am member of the Tall&Skinny league too, with similar problems in PE in the past. My own strategy was to work on coordination skills - which finally, after lots of frustration, lead to getting glasses.
But after my eyes worked correctly (something I never noticed before), I was able to catch balls, make accurate throws, even to juggle a bit after a month of trying.
Aw man! I wish that was the solution to my coordination problems, however, I have perfect eye sight. but that doesn't stop me from only being able to catch and throw a basketball and frisbee (but not at the same time).

This has to be the weirdest thread ever in the personal realm. However, I think it strange that a teacher would grade on anything but effort in PE. In highshool, if you worked hard and gave your best effort, you could get an easy A. The only kids that ever failed were the ones that didn't show dedication to effort beyond a "Oh look, I can't do it." So they never try again. These kids with defeatist attitudes deserve failing grades. As a coach for my local highschool football team. I've seen kids come in and have zero ability and come away a season later with a better understanding of how to compensate for short comings. It seems like a change in attitude and effort could be your key to success.

-Rance-

I think my comments on this matter are better left unsaid. I'm sorry for your distress is the only thing I'll say right now.

Come down here to BUD/S, I'm sure the Instructors will "take care" of your physical coordination problem.

Back