I'm making a novel!

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Well, after seeing Deacan's incredibly hard work on his Privateer 2 novel, it inspiered me. Now, I am beginning to create a new story on my computer, that I titled Wing Commander: Vigilance.
It is about the Confederation's attempt to create a new mega carrier in a last ditch effort to win the war. It is very far from being complete.
Takes place after Fleet Action and before Wing Commander III.

Thanks Deacan!
I hope I can deliver it too. And one day I hope it can be published. :)

Good luck maniac

I'm attempting to write a novel myself. Not WC related but still Space-Combat in theme

I doubt you'll get it published what with all the copyright issues and such... unless it's utter brilliance, which i'm sure it will be!

And by the way, Deacan, how did you get the cover for your book?
Also in a little while, (about 1-2 weeks from now) I will be posting a preview for it.
Please leave feedback after you've read it. :)

I kept it quiet, but I have been writing a set of novels.
Those who go to my website regularly will know that I have story called Tonight. I have been working on it for a long time. It is not based on WC though.

Bandit LOAF said:
I am writing nearly twelve thousand novels.
Mans a literary powerhouse, so they all sequels eh? ;)
Good luck with it anyways Maniac89 and top work to you Deacan (thank your translator for me!)

I'm writing my Echo War fanfic to a novel standard, the idea being that if I could publish it, it would already be properly formatted and ready to go. Cosequently, since it's more hobby than straight work, I'm not going to post anything until it's much farther along. I'm just north of fifty pages and my Captain hasn't even gotten to his new command yet. I'm thinking about developing a trilogy out of it.:cool:

I also have a big series of my own going through development. I'm going to open it with a short story that builds some backstory for a character in the novels, though not the main(at least not for the first book:D ) My series was originally inspired by WC, Clancy, and Coonts. This was back before I knew there WC books available. I thought it would be really cool if there was a novel, TV, movie series based on WC. I also wanted to write a good techno thriller like Tom Clancy or Stephen Coonts, but I didn't know jack about the modern military at the time. Ironically through my development stage I've come to know enough to write a passable modern day military story. There are strong shades of WC to it, but not quite infringement level.:p

Anyway after I get a few of my own stories out there I've thought about seriously looking into the copyright situation and possibily trying to ressurect the novel series. Hell, it's worth a try, particularly if you're a well known author.

Keep it up maniac89, if you can't get it published in a bound form at least theres always the Net.

Yeah, but remember everyone:
It will be a short preview. Longer ones(eventually not previwes) will follow.

I am very sorry for the delay. For some reason, (I am typing the novel on a labtop) it won't post on these fourms. So if anyone is interested, private message me and I will e-mail you a preview.
===================
===================
The Maniac

Back