idea for a wing commander online game

U

UNREGISTERED

hi to all @ wing commander c and c i just wondered if there are ant coders or designers out there who would be willing to lend some of there time to work on an idea for a MMOG game ?

we could have for example an online campagin? with the option to fly on the Kilrathi side for example?

or play missions like they do in freelancer? and other stuff like bunty hunting mining
etcetc

if u are interested inb the idea pls e-mail me @ colinmeason@hotmail.com or colinmeason@btinternet.com

its time we brought Wing Commander back!!! it was a good game once it can be again if we do this right!!!!

COLINMEASON SIGNING OFF
MAIN BASE@PLANET EARTH SOL SECTOR

Hi and welcome to the CIC! First thing though, your typing makes you seem lazy so try to capitalize and not use excessive abbreviations ok? ;) Now to the topic, a WC MMO is unlikely at this point in time due to the small market for space sims. Such a time will almost undoubtedly come but that time is not now.

Lt.Death100 said:
Now to the topic, a WC MMO is unlikely at this point in time due to the small market for space sims. Such a time will almost undoubtedly come but that time is not now.

Actually, I think what he's saying is that he wants to put together a team and make one.:)

Personally, I hope the next official WC game will *not* be a MMO.

Dyret said:
Personally, I hope the next official WC game will *not* be a MMO.

Me too. But a Wing Commander MMO would be awesome somewhere down the road... I would -so- join the Kilrathi though. See that'd be fun. Maybe in 10 years it'll be here and I'll be blasting you CIC punks in your puny Rapiers with my Dralthi! Mwa ha ha ha! *flees*

Good luck. You'll need a team of talented game engine programmers, a game server/database programmer, someone with network programming/management experience, 3d artists, 2d artists, writers, voice actors, and testers. Plus scripters/mission designers. And if you get done, you'll need to buy bandwidth and a dedicated server setup. A number of us are still working on bringing it back single player or small scale non-persistant multiplayer.

Back