Idea for a Wing Commander flash cartoon (WC1 era)

I can't draw worth beans, so I'm leaving it up to you artists out there to make a flash animation of it:

It takes place on Earth, where you see a guy in a bed. He wakes up and walks out of his room over to a staircase, to go downstairs to get breakfast. However, he slips on a ball at the top of the staircase and he starts falling down the stairs. Before he starts tumbling down, we go to an up close shot where he throws his arms in front of his face. When he finishes tumbling down the stairs, he explodes at the bottom. All the time while he's falling down the stairs, you here the "death and funeral" theme playing from wing commander 1. After a few moments after he's "blown up", the scene changes to his kitchen, where we see him, burned to a black crisp, grumbling while he pours himself a bowl of cornflakes.

So, what do you think?

In case you don't get the joke...

This is a joke on the death sequence in wing commander 1. Blair would throw his arms over his face, and then his fighter would spin out and explode.

I must have broken a posting rule or something because nobody is responding to this....

Most people aren't keen to just run with someone elses idea, especially if that person wants a say in how it all works out. You might get more interest if you actually wrote a script or fleshed out exactly what shots you wanted to do -angle/composition.. and all the dialogue. Possibly even draw up the concept in rough form on paper.

The thing is, even though I kind of understand what you are trying to do, this is really *your* joke. Maybe I'm not imagining the scene quite the way you do...

I understand

Most people here started out with WC3 or 4, so they wouldn't get the joke. I first used dosbox to run the first Wing Commander game, that's why the joke is funny to me.

Most people here started out with WC3 or 4, so they wouldn't get the joke. I first used dosbox to run the first Wing Commander game, that's why the joke is funny to me.

We ran a poll asking what WC game first got people hooked, and almost two thirds were on games released before WC3. I don't think the issue is that people don't get the reference, it's just not so hilarious a joke that would compel people to post a reply. If someone did make a flash animation like you suggest, there would be more replies, but there's lots of people who come up with ideas and very few people talented enough to make them into reality.

Back