Iceman bug

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Iceman posted the following bug report.

Errors
hey, so interesting little error I've got here, I downloaded Flight Commander 1.5 (I got both the full realease and the Alpha version) and when I load one of the default missions and click the mission briefing door I get a crash to desktop, but when I try the simulator missions they work perfectly, maybe something to do with the gameflow file?

also, I replaced the splash screen with a pic of my own (same dimensions as the old one) and now the program runs very slowly until I start a sim mission, any idea what could be causing that?

btw how vista friendly is Flight Commander? cuz I'm runnin it on a Toshiba laptop with Vista so Im wondering if that may be part of the problem. thanks for any help!

Ice

Can you run the game from the command prompt please and paste all the messages.

Are you sure the images are the same size? Usually an incorrect image size causes the slowdown. Images must be a power of 2 in length and width.

Have never tried it on vista.

Sounds similar to the codec issues I used to have under Linux. Do the comm messages work in the simulator?

Text to speech engine found.
Flight Commander 1.5
Graphics: Intel Intel 945GM
no point parameters
no point sprites
Generate mipmap found
Texture compression found
S3TC texture compression found
Anistropic texture filtering found
Swap control found
No cube mapping found
Could not create directinput joystick device
Joystick not found
Initialized 3d sound
DirectSound version: 9
Sound card: Speakers (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
Using default.gameflow.lua for gameflow scripting
Using default.gameflow.lua for gameflow scripting

thats what error comes up, I also get a 'program has stopped responding' message.

for Comm messages in the simulator, I get the audio and subtitle, but no video, and it does the same thing as when I click the briefing door, 'program has stopped responding' and this is whats left in the cmd prompt when it happens:

C:\Editing tools\Flight Commander 1.5 new>flightcommander.exe
Text to speech engine found.
Flight Commander 1.5
Graphics: Intel Intel 945GM
no point parameters
no point sprites
Generate mipmap found
Texture compression found
S3TC texture compression found
Anisotropic texture filtering found
Swap control found
No cube mapping found
Joystick not found
Initialized 3d sound
DirectSound version: 9
Sound card: Speakers (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)

C:\Editing tools\Flight Commander 1.5 new>

I'll check into the these codec issues and see if theres a solution.

I found that patch in a thread here, tried it, no luck.

however I tried running it in compatability mode for win xp sp2 and the comms work and so does the movie and mission briefing, but the actual mission itself wont come up, it just dumps me at the ready room screen. sim missions still work though.

OK, if you can't see videos, then you need to download the video codec on the Flight Commander download page and install it.

Back