I just finished Ender's game last night...

I've always loved Ender's Game, ever since I read it in High School for a book report. I love how it describes fighting in a 3d environment and I've always hoped that the game room would get turned into a multiplayer game at some point in the future. As to the ending, I didn't see it coming either.

It's been a few years since I read it. Doesn't ender like have a baby queen bugger and he's gonna make sure it's all safe and everything?

My favorite parts of the book were the ones with Ender's brother and sister getting on the forum and spreading dissent and the like. I'm not articulating any of this well though cause it's been too long since I've read it.

I believe you're thinking of one of the later books in that series, Shipgade (Xenocide, I think). Ender's Game is the first book of that series.

(And, really, as the series went on I started losing interest in it, to the point that I only read Shadow of the Hegemon because it was part of the series.)

I believe you're thinking of one of the later books in that series, Shipgade (Xenocide, I think). Ender's Game is the first book of that series.

No he is correct. At the end of Ender's Game he finds the new Bugger queen and decides to keep it safe while finding a new planet for them so that he can help the Buggers and the rest on Mankind understand each other.

If you get a chance, even if you don't like any of the other books in the series get and read "Ender's Shadow" its the story of Bean.

After finishing Ender's Game, all these people kept telling me to read Ender's Shadow cause it was so much better. And I'm thinking, ~~~, somehow I doubt it gets any better than this first one.

I believe there was also a couple failed attempts at making a movie for Ender's Game, right?

I don't know if I'd call it better, but it is certainly different enough to make it entertaining.

I know nothing of any movie projects.

After finishing Ender's Game, all these people kept telling me to read Ender's Shadow cause it was so much better. And I'm thinking, ~~~, somehow I doubt it gets any better than this first one.

I believe there was also a couple failed attempts at making a movie for Ender's Game, right?

Orson Scott Card has been trying for a while to make an Ender's Game movie, with the last script being a 3-hour combination of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. That script ended up being scrapped a year or two ago, and I haven't heard anything about the project since.

Yeah Enders Saga is a classic and I really enjoyed reading all the books from its series. You should try next Alan Dean Fosters books or maybe Brins Uplift War novels both are enjoyable to read up to certain point By the way is it me but the first time I heard about SPARTANs from Halo I kind of though hmm sound like Ender and CO.

Or, for a short series, the Heritage Trilogy by Ian Douglas. The three books in the trilogy are: Semper Mars, Luna Marine, and Europa Strike. Good, hard science fiction. I enjoyed all three books.

Ender's game movie

Orson Scott Card has been trying for a while to make an Ender's Game movie, with the last script being a 3-hour combination of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. That script ended up being scrapped a year or two ago, and I haven't heard anything about the project since.

A few years ago, while I was still writing for one of the local Sci-Fi news sites, I had the great fortune, to interview Mr. Card, while he was on a visit to Israel.

When asked about the movie, Mr. Card said that he doesn't believe the movie will actually take form (it was 3 of 4 years ago), maily due to 2 main problems:

The difficulty to deliver the "message" he wanted to convey, and managed to do so in the book, while keeping the movie in a "normal" size,
and the inability to find the right actor to portray Ender for the long age diffrence (from age 6 to age 14 or even 16). The "star-wars-style-Anakin-actor-switching" did not appeal to him too much.

He wrote the swordfighting insults for The Secret Of Monkey Island. He's also credited (alongside other people) for dialogues in Loom and The Dig.

Uh... I'm feeling a bit sheepish right now...

Now that you've mentioned Monkey Island (Which is BTW one of the greatest games of it's kind :D), I kind of do remember him mentioning doing that, and having lot's pf fun with it.
(although I wasn't the one who asked him about that...)

I guess like all average dim-wits, I forgot LucasArts has a bit more going for her then just ''STAR-WARS''...
But just for a sec! Just for a sec!!! :)

Back