HW2 MOD info, 1 big Hitch

StarSaint

Rear Admiral
the RDN tools, seem to only work with Maya 3.0 (i have Maya 4.5 Unlimited)
so it'll be a bit before i can properly convert ships and get them working with HW2
everything else is up and running just the modelling side is being a pain.

so until a decent 3rd party tool works or Relic releases plugins that will work with 4.0-5.0 i'm screwed...

i'm gonna put my money on the 3rd party tools(i know a few of the guys making them so i'd bet on them getting it out first)

oh yes, homeworld 2 and the never ending story of the modding tools.

well i've secured a copy of Maya 3.0 so its not as big of a hitch as i was expecting... back to work aye

well screw maya, i'm gonna go with the 3rd party tools and stick to Lightwave. I'm sick and tired of trying to learn and get this crap to work at the same time, i'm sticking with what i know.

now i just gotta figure out what i did wrong and why the venture was corrupted when imported ingame.
i'll keep in touch - may not post for about 1-2 weeks though, Cisco 4 Finals are coming up in 1-3 weeks so i'll be a bit scarce until i go that out of the way...

nope not a chance(no 2D plane games otherwise i'd have stuck with modding Star Trek Armada 1&2)

matter fact the first game i modded was Space Empires III

another matter a fact my old website i think is still up

http://www.geocities.com/se3commander/

a matter a fact as well that cross was actually the first 3d model i had made using MoRay and POVray

StarSaint said:
nope not a chance(no 2D plane games otherwise i'd have stuck with modding Star Trek Armada 1&2)

matter fact the first game i modded was Space Empires III

another matter a fact my old website i think is still up

http://www.geocities.com/se3commander/

a matter a fact as well that cross was actually the first 3d model i had made using MoRay and POVray

sounds maybe crazy, but could i have the mod for space empires3
please? :)

fireball

mods for SE3 are just Custom shipsets, Custom Facilities, Custom Weapons, problems is.

only ones i ever put up on the net were the shipsets, my Facilities and Weapons i never put on the net cause people kept stealling other peopls sets and throwing there names on it changing the colors and puttting it on their own site.

besides unless your a fan of Babylon 5 you probably wouldn't like it

most of my customs were like Mk3PC's (plasma Cannons similar to what was on B5)

if i still had the files i'd have no problem giving them to ya, but i dont :p formatted many a times since then.

StarSaint said:
fireball

mods for SE3 are just Custom shipsets, Custom Facilities, Custom Weapons, problems is.

only ones i ever put up on the net were the shipsets, my Facilities and Weapons i never put on the net cause people kept stealling other peopls sets and throwing there names on it changing the colors and puttting it on their own site.

besides unless your a fan of Babylon 5 you probably wouldn't like it

most of my customs were like Mk3PC's (plasma Cannons similar to what was on B5)

if i still had the files i'd have no problem giving them to ya, but i dont :p formatted many a times since then.

well, i am only interested if your mod is a wing commander mod,...
i dont like a babylon 5 mod :)

Back