How do get to see the new series of Doctor Who in the USA

Happy Camper

Spaceman
Just out of curiosity, can you get BBC1 in America (or anywhere else in the world other than Britain) so that you can see the latest series of doctor who, or is there some other channel that shows it? :confused:

Dunno for sure but I've been told there isn't... but you could import the DVDs :)
On a side note its bloody brilliant, its both a little more childish than the old ones ever were and a little darker, a strange mix indeed but it works.

*spoiler*

The last episode resumed from a cliffhanger of numerous people reconstructed by nanogenes to resemble a dead boy with an attachted gas mask, all with almost no intelligence, just the desire to find their mummy. To come into contact with them was to become like them. An army of people in gasmasks coming towards them asking "are you my mummy" and the cliffhanger was resolved with the words "go to your room!" "I'm very dissapointed with you! Go to your room!". To cap it all off the doctor made the quick remark "I'm glad that worked, those would have been awful last words"
God is it ever good to have Dr Who back :)

*end of spoiler*

bit torrent creat an account at (deleted) and do a search for Dr. Who 2005 this is a free download site.

hi,
I did and and since the thred was about where how to watch Dr. Who in the US I posted the link to said sight as that is the only place I have been able to down load it. If you ant to claim I am supporting Piracy I have no intention downloading a TV show it could be argued falls under the Soney caes fair use guidlines. Which alows for some coping for personal use hence the reason that there is a record funciton on VCR's

And note also that 'copying for personal use' does not mean 'distribute tapes or files to other people'. Besides, 'fair use' is dying anyways, so far as media's concerned - that's why they're looking at laws mandating 'broadcast flags', even though the judicial system ruled against them.

Piracy is still piracy, especially if you didn't have permission to distribute the files in the first place.

The only other methods enclude going to Canada weekly,
or possibly 2 buing a professional grade Satalite Dish, and seeing if you could get a feed from either the BBC or CBC which could cost more than the trip to canada.....
please could some one set up a petion to Spike or BBC America to show "Doctor Who"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...448988/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/202-8067333-6823819

Thats what I've been buying seen I've been at uni much of this series, however I do wish I'd had the strength of will to wait for:

bbcdvd45-uk-med.jpg

When its released and if you don't have a PAL region 2 compataible player I'd happily make you some region free NTSC versions but only if you paid me for the set and I sent those on in addition. Dr Who deserves its income! :)

There isn't a Canadian DVD available? And I do agree Doctor who is worth every penny and then some another reason it needs to be on in the US.

upyr1 said:
There isn't a Canadian DVD available? And I do agree Doctor who is worth every penny and then some another reason it needs to be on in the US.

No Canadian DVD -yet-, though give it some time.

Ah, the beauty of region free players... Most DVD players in BR are unlockable. And they play NTSC discs without a truble, too. But only a few can play european PAL stuff.

Wasn't there a dr. who with very bad hair?

Pedro said:
Thats what I've been buying seen I've been at uni much of this series, however I do wish I'd had the strength of will to wait for:

When its released and if you don't have a PAL region 2 compataible player I'd happily make you some region free NTSC versions but only if you paid me for the set and I sent those on in addition. Dr Who deserves its income! :)
That's interesting, I would have thought you'd have been able to get it somehow in the US but there you go. I'd be very suprised if you couldn't get a region free PAL playback on NTSC tv player though, NTSC playback on PAL tvs in britain is pretty much standard, so I don't see why it can't be the other way around.

BTW: I really like the new series. It's compulsory family viewing.

You have to understand there is a lot of call for import consoles and DVDs here in the UK, those in the US have NO reason to import PAL consoles and only rarely do they want to import PAL DVDs.

Back