How are you guys doing?

Hey guys,
Just wondering, how are you guys doing with the game?

I've been watching this project for a while now and I'm curious as well. You guys kinda dropped off the map for the past few months...everything still going, or going well I should say?

Nope, everything is going well. I was away for around a month and a half on a business trip with no access to my personal computer. That was a bit...boring. And frustrating. Anyhow, I'm back, and I've started working on Pio again... I just last night re-did some of the engine flares and created some damage decals and details for the cockpits. Burned wiring, glass cracks, that sort of thing. Anyhow, I hope to have some of the new stuff visible here in a bit, but whatever's shown will be along those lines - detail work.
On the Engine side, Joel is in the middle of studing for his finals, so I don't expect to hear much from him till Thursday. Last I checked, he was working on Planetary orbits and nav screen stuff.

I generally don't mind that there's no overall progress in playable demo release date -- I really understand, that an active man's life isn't quite fanproject-contributor-friendly -- but maybe you, Howard, have some scraps to throw us - hungry, hungry Pioneer fans. :D

regards!

Hmmm... I'm getting the feeling that they've decided to continue the game outside of the Wing Commander/Privateer universe. :confused:

Or am I just reading too much into things?

Hmmm... I'm getting the feeling that they've decided to continue the game outside of the Wing Commander/Privateer universe. :confused:

The forum topic at sci-fi meshes s unrelated to Pioneer really, just that Howard happened to mention it briefly there.

I really doubt that. The ships shown there are probably some models Howard made "just for fun" or some other project he's involved in. My guess.

I had a similar question on my mind, which is why I asked about it at SFM. I'm not really worried after Howard's reply though. This other thing may be a test bed of some sort.

I don't read that into it, and it'd be kind of strange with all the effort put into researching the specific setting. Hopefully not, anyhow, that'd be pretty disappointing. That Jalthi looks like a great opponent, and people are really looking forward to flying the new Tarsus.

Does anyone know anything new about this project? I just found it by "accident" a few days ago. :) I saw many impressive screenshots but that's it. The news stopped a year ago and nothing happened. Also the homepage seems to be dead or is there some new link (didn't find it on google then)?

They continue to work on it as far as we know, try e-mailing Howard directly if you would like or PMing him here on the forums.

The project is still on track, Howards busy with his real life work, Joel is in the process of getting a job, and my schedule leaves me very little to no free time at all. Please keep in mind, this is an independent from the ground up fan creation, it'll be a loong time before anything definate is released. Only so many hours in the day sadly, heheh.

Brad

The project is still on track, Howards busy with his real life work, Joel is in the process of getting a job, and my schedule leaves me very little to no free time at all. Please keep in mind, this is an independent from the ground up fan creation, it'll be a loong time before anything definate is released. Only so many hours in the day sadly, heheh.

Brad

You don't have to worry about wingnuts waiting :D We waited for almost a decade for a new game and look then look what happens. Now don't think I wouldn't like to try it before a decade is out, but wingnuts for the most part are very patient fans, I mean we did fight and win a 30 year war. What's a few years?

Well, just hearing a "hey, we're still alive" post from you guys once a month would nice. I, too, look forward to the day a couple of years hence when we can play the completed Pioneer.

Back