Homeworld 2 DEMO RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
HW2 -Dont bother attempting to use HW1 Mod tools

kind of figured they wouldn't but wanted to make sure anyways, HW1 Tools will absolutely not even remotely work(JUST THE .BIG unpacking tool that is out there, cant unpack to test the other tools) for HW2

so we'll have to wait for someone to either create it, or for Sierra to release it, tehy said the tools would be released shortly after game launch(Sept 16th, 2003), for the mods sake i hope soo..

HW2 is so damn beautiful man. The texture and model detail is awesome!

Fleet Action 2 should be pretty awesome. :)

Have you ever taken a look at Hegemonia? Thats a realy cool engine with lots of details on the models. Planets that are realy looking like planets and so on.
Also some of the best explosions and a good ship damage model where you can shoot the enemy apart befor he explodes.

Well Homeworld 1 had the better story and gameplay, but the eninge was more comic like (Homeworld2 is also quite comic like, don't you think?)
The Hegemonia textures where made to let it look real. With shining metal that reflects light and the water on a planet does also reflects light.

One thing I don't like about Homeworld2 is that the camera isn't fixed anymore. Just go to far at the side of the screen and it will go away. Hope they will have a button "Homeworld1 Control Setting"

But even not its a realy nice game that look good. Hope the story will as good as the last one.

About story...do you like the b/w colored cutscenes?
I think they are better to tell the Homeworld story...can't imagne what it would look colored.

heh yah we looked at Hegemonia, main reason it was declined was "no Carriers"

HW has exactly what is needed
gonna try getting a couple of my old friends to see if they can get into the .big file

Cam said:
HW2 is so damn beautiful man. The texture and model detail is awesome!

Fleet Action 2 should be pretty awesome. :)

Wing Commander Saga is NOT Fleet Action 2. :mad: Why cant they find their OWN game engine to mod instead of comming onto the Homeworld scene? :mad:

Ok i'm going to say two phrases to ya bud

Grow up, or GET OUT!

stop nagging, No WCS:CL isn't FA2, but whining about the game engine is a bit childish.
So this will be the last time i say it.

knock it off now ok.

and look at it from my perspective, look at the Babylon 5 Community of HW1, look at just how many mods there were(atleast 10) and are(3)

the more there are, the better.

so as i said before to ya, i have no problems sharing information, but in NO WAY will i drop the HW2 TC of WCSaga(Confederation Legacy)

EDITED BY MODERATOR
***WARNING1***
"Wanna cus, go to your own forum, keep it up and i'll Ban you for 1 week" - StarSaint/VTS -

StarSaint said:
and look at it from my perspective, look at the Babylon 5 Community of HW1, look at just how many mods there were(atleast 10) and are(3)

the more there are, the better.

so as i said before to ya, i have no problems sharing information, but in NO WAY will i drop the HW2 TC of WCSaga(Confederation Legacy)

And look at if from my perspective. A move like this could kill Fleet Action. I made a vow long ago, that i will finish Fleet Action and make Fleet Action mods for any other Homeworld games that were to come out. I am not breaking my vow, and the last thing i need is competition. What i actually need is support from everyone with ship information, suggestions and even the modding process.
I am also willing to share information and other things, but on one proviso: there be no more hostility between us. From now on, we are seen as equals and help eachother with modding and the other processes. Ok?

no bud, we aren't equals, your a childish moron who evidently is a brat when he doesn't get things his way.

keep your vow, i never told you to break it, so quit acting like a kid that was just told no.

want more coloaboration, insite, Quit being a tard and be polite in places that are not your own, and show respect, that way ya might actually get some.

btw - yes i edited out your remark in your post.
keep it up and/or start a flame war on these forums and you will be banned for a period no less than 1 week, ----Understand?----
(I have put up with enough of your crap, this will be the last time i say it, be polite or dont come here)

Newcommanderondablock said:
Keep your fuckwit mouth shut. This is none of your business.

Is that so . . . I didn't know that a mere teenager who just turned 17 (two weeks ago if I am correct, your birthday is August 28, 1986) and has a long history of acting like the immature assclown that he is, had any serious "business" to conduct with others.

I made a vow long ago, that i will finish Fleet Action and make Fleet Action mods for any other Homeworld games that were to come out.

Ah, so I take it you took that vow before you entered puberty.

What i actually need is support from everyone with ship information, suggestions and even the modding process.

I personally think that you should be swabbing the CIC deck because of your assclownery. Plus if I am correct, this is the WC Saga turf, those guy's territory, and I think you need to wipe your feet and act more polite.

there be no more hostility between us

I can't say I'm officially one of the WC Saga crew, just a beta tester and sometimes "consultant" when I have free time, but I think you just dug yourself a hole and also contradicted your own post in your pleas for peace and end to hostility with that teenage cliche "fuckwit" retort of yours.

to be fair, i'm gonna say this.

Newcom, 1 Flame and I'll have you banned

and please no one encourage the brat on. Im really tired of having to put up with his crap eithe via email, icq, now forums(better never start on IRC bud, thats all i'm telling ya(directed at NCom))

so let it drop here and now, he's dug his hole, let him stir in his own feces...

Why should i be banned when psych and you do the same? Jee, is it just me, or is there a double standard showing through here?

Well, its your call. No peace = your fault.

Wing Commander Saga is NOT Fleet Action 2. :mad: Why cant they find their OWN game engine to mod instead of comming onto the Homeworld scene? :mad:

I simply don't understand what do you want from us...

I founded among with StarSaint the WCSaga project and it is damn disrespectful that you are demanding that we (who are working on two projects at the same time... and, on the side note, very succesful (FA on the contrary, seems to be almost dead)) move the mod that SS is in charge either to your control or seek another game to mod..

And look at if from my perspective. A move like this could kill Fleet Action.

and? I just don't understand your point. And, afterall, it is no offence, but we have not seen much progress there.

Are you the only person who has the permission to work on a Wing Commander mod for Homeworld 1/2? Maybe I understand this wrong, but it looks like you are comming here and are telling us that "I'm the only person who does any sort of HW mods either do it under my banner or not at all".

Why should i be banned when psych and you do the same? Jee, is it just me, or is there a double standard showing through here?

Well, its your call. No peace = your fault.

if I would be you I would be more careful regarding my choice of words. Moderators by definition have to bann assclowns and flamers.

Consider this as the last warning: stop flaming and offending us or you will be banned.

^Tolwyn

Why don't you two mods just join up? After all, if you are going to work on the same engine, you might as well...

Although Fleet Action's name sounds better than Wing Commander Saga, IMO. :D

@Cam:

there are a few points you are not aware of:

1. Wing Commander Saga is just a name for two mod groups. the Homeworld mod will be named Confederation's Legacy. Freespace 2 mod is working on several campaigns. The first one is nearing completion and it is called the Awakening of the Claw.

2. CL is based on HW2 Engine, not HW 1.

3. quoting NB: No peace = your fault. Well, it is his choice.

What Fleet Action still exists???
Wow after a so lang time I hear something from it..any progress in the last year?

About the competition...WC Saga lifes from it. We are compatition with all the other mod for the best mod and it only turns out to be the best incentive for us all.
Beside that...behind the curtain we are sometimes helping each other. So if you fear competition...just work on yourself to be better then all the others or ask for help.
Asking for help isn't anything bad.

So I think we can now stop this sensless discussion about falming or not.
Both the mod should just try to give there best and when they are finished the audiance will take a look at them and judge.
Its not on the modder to judge about other modders projects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back