High Res Audio, but original Midi gone?

Worf

Vice Admiral
This was brought up when someone I knew wrote a nifty MIDI synth that worked great, and I went around hunting for some MIDIs to play. Naturally, I remembered the CIC had some, and the good ones were converted to MP3 as well, so I can compare his synth to the "true" synth.

Alas, I visit the Music page and they are only the MP3s... the MIDI versions were nowhere to be found (yet I know they exist, since that was what was used to record the MP3s).

Thus, my question is, are the original MIDIs available still, or permanently gone? (Would be nice to try different synths/patch sets vs. the original).

Ah. I thought there were more since the high quality versions were made from MIDI that I thought was obtained from here. Oh well, my bad.

Worf said:
This was brought up when someone I knew wrote a nifty MIDI synth that worked great, and I went around hunting for some MIDIs to play. Naturally, I remembered the CIC had some, and the good ones were converted to MP3 as well, so I can compare his synth to the "true" synth.

Well, I saw the MIDI files, and I DL'd them too. My problem, however, is that all 4 of my midi synths suck and sound nothing like the MP3s *pouts*

Anybody know where I can find a good MIDI synth?

I'll give you a cookie if you can tell me!

I like Timidity - a software synth. You'll just need to find the GUS patches that it uses. There's also a Roland emulator out there. There's also some Yamaha synths out there that are fairly good.

If you have a wavetable synth, you can find some really high quality patches out there. I know I have a 100MB set of MIDI patches - they sound really good.

Back