Hey SAGA team: what'd you accomplish last month?

meisdavidp

All your belief cannot absolve your sin.
Don't care what's left to do, I'm curious as to what exactly was accomplished last month.

I've just checked the Saga website and they released a rather slick wallpaper by Lars on 9th March, 2006.

Direct Link: http://web396.xps1.microserver.de/media/wallpapers/wcs_raiders.zip

One would think this wasn't the only thing the Saga team accomplished last month for a mod of it's purported scope, but as an interested onlooker who has followed it's long development and at times, turbulent discourse here, I still remain cautiously optimistic about the project and look forward to eventually playing Wing Commander Saga.

Cheers,

BrynS

BrynS said:
One would think this wasn't the only thing the Saga team accomplished last month for a mod of it's purported scope, but as an interested onlooker who has followed it's long development and at times, turbulent discourse here, I still remain cautiously optimistic about the project and look forward to eventually playing Wing Commander Saga.

Yeah, that's a pretty wallpaper, but it seems that it's kinda easy to find something annoying about here. I personally think crediting yourself with a whole bunch of stuff is a bit tacky. It's something Akkbar used to do with WCHS, and it's rubbed me the wrong way for the ten years since. And then after crediting half a dozen people, plus even NASA for the background image, there's no credit to Origin for initially being the one who designed everything in the image in the first place. I wouldn't make a big deal about it, except then the image is packaged into a zip with the credits again, written in a RTF file (hehe, remember that PDF?). It seems like more effort goes into getting credit than releasing status updates every month or two.

I hate to say it, but the loads of response to this thread say any one of several things and none of them seem particularly good. A) They've pretty much written off this community (aside from a few stragglers who chill with us cool folks) B) they do check out this community and have just been inactive that long (never good) or C) they gave up long ago and release pretty pictures every now and then so that those of us who still have any hope left can't ever have a clean break from it. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me. I lost my bloody computer on sunday and have been all but bedridden since about saturday and I still find time to get over to the computer lab and type up at least basic status reports on everything I'm involved with (although thankfully it isn't much at the moment).

From what i saw in that trailer of WC Saga, it was done in a very refined, thought over, and respectable way....

Why should they keep faking people with (so you say) false FMV's and wallpapers? a lot of work has gone into those, it takes a lot more time to make these, then for you writing a post that you hate them, for not getting your way.

Discouraging those people is not helping you push a possible release.

Lt.Death100 said:
I can't help but wonder if these great trailers are sucking up all the time for development.
Like that trailer that somebody did as his university project? Yeah, that must've sucked up a lot of precious time that could otherwise have been spent on... uh, a university project.

For the record, EDX contacted me and I was right... it was option A. I'm trying to convince them we meant no real harm and would still love to be kept in the loop, though.

not what I meant... they just felt very unwelcome... I'm not saying we make them statues, I'm just saying if I was them, I would be a little scared to show my face here too... I think we need to all play nice together. Time for them to pick up the ball and show us they care and time for us to let them do it with an open mind. I'm not saying they can or will, but I feel inclined to give them a fair chance to do it.

edit: LOAF, please calm down, I don't always get my wording right on the first try, sorry about that. I hope that cleared up what I meant

I'd like to apologize to LOAF.
In my last post on this thread, I said some things that violated multiple rules on this forum, some of which I shouldn't have needed to look up in the first place. I was discourteous to an admin and as a result I was punished. As this was apparently the second time I've been banned, this one is permanent. I respect that. I want to make this a public apology and will henceforth respect the staff's desire that I not post in these boards. Again, LOAF, I am very sorry for my behavior.

-meisdavidp

There's no 'two strikes you're out' rule, you'll be welcome to post again in a few days. Please don't post as unregistered while you're banned, though.

Permanent bans are very rare. Most of the bans are temporary to allow people to cool down, and are removed after discussing it with the admins via email. I suggest you do, as discussing bans on the forums violates another rule.

Back