Help with WCMC equipment please

FullBurst41

Spaceman
Helo Everyone,

I am Didier Vanoverbeke, FulllBurst41, Didi, FB, as you will. :) I'm in the planning stages of a game in the WC universe, about the Terran Confederation Marine Corps.

As to the story of the game there is still some doubt, though my idea would be to put it in some sort of post-SO invasion into Nephilim teritory thing. Any ideas on the story are welcome though.

The reason I'm posting this thread though, is to get some info on the equipment used by the TCMC, and that may include their Air Wing. Any statistics are greatly appreciated. I need this to form a realistic form of what the marines owuld be like in this project. By the way, this project I'm talkinga bout is really a First-person shooter game, made with an engine written specifically to help the blind make games. This does mean that the initial version will be "ears-only", I'll let someone else worry about the GFX. :)

Why an "ears-only" game? Because I myself am blind and I can't make GFX, simple enough.

Any replies are GREATLY appreciated, and err... you'll probably make it into the Credits section if the game ever reaches any good form.

NOTE: Projected release of engine =Spring 2003, maybe earlier. I'll try my best to get a first demo version out in ... well... as soon as possible. And uh, this is freeware too, so don't worry. :)

Bye for now,
Didi

There was an MC game being made. I don't know if it's still around.

Weapons are described mostly in the WC books. Let's see:

flechette launcher
M-42 Machine Gun
high powered Laser Rifles
MPR-21 Marscorp Mag-Pulse rifles
Mass drivers
Neutron Miniguns

There are handguns (probably some sort of lasers).

What I've gathered from the novels is they don't realy have an Air Wing. They instead rely on CAS from Carrier-borne fighters and bombers. However the use their own transports and landing ships in the novels when possible. And that last guy who tried a TCMC game seemed like a flake to me. All he did was take screen shots of other games and scan drawings. :D

Wow, we've had this discussion a few times recently...

Let's see, in Fleet Action the marines used RPG's, miniguns, flechette launchers, and laser guns (real ones apparently too...Duke Grecko cut a Kilrathi in half with one....). In the WCM, they use machine guns and pistols, and the novelization I do beleive they mention some kind of grenades...WC3 marines had some kind of a laser rifle thing...

Really, it seems your imagination is the only barrier...WC marines use the entire range of weapons...

Hey all,

Thanks for the two guys who have replied, I really appreciate any help. Thanks for the actual weapon names, that's one part that's out of the way :) now all I need is some info on these, some stats maybe if there are any availqable. If i were to have access to the novels I wouldn't have to ask much of this info, probably, but I haven't found any novels converted to braille anywhere over here, so I'm rather stuck at the moment.

Any further help is greatly appreciated. Oh, and a little more on the game maybe? Sure :) First of all, I'm not quite sure about the previous TCMC game, but this is what I'm planning on doing: Initially it'll be a singleplayer game. The game's "realism grade" could be compared with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, that maeans that theree is health and that you can carry more than a normal man would, but the game feels quite real. I'm not going to make it so that lik ein MOHAA you can just move and shoot everything, because this'll be a squad/platoon-based game, where you will be in command of up to 40-some marines at one time (part of the bigger picture most of the time). You'll have to be smart about the moves you pull, since the lives of your squad and yourself depend on it. I'm not sure about the role vehicles will be playing in the aame, right now they'll be non-playable in my view, or maybe some light armor that can be controlled on the ground, but there will be no flying (yet). This is still what I plan to do, this may change once I actually start designing the game, so please bare with me :)

Cheers everyone,
Didi

Hi Ladiesman,

Fair enough :) I'm still going to wait to see if anything ocncrete pops out, would really make the thing more true to the universe and feel better, though I'll probably have to balance out a lot, I'll have to see about that.

Cheers,
Didi

Originally posted by FullBurst41
Hi Ladiesman,

Fair enough :) I'm still going to wait to see if anything ocncrete pops out, would really make the thing more true to the universe and feel better, though I'll probably have to balance out a lot, I'll have to see about that.

Cheers,
Didi

Well, MOST of the weapons don't much detail about them. I could get you the actual names and some details on the WC movie machine gun and pistol (and the Kilrathi gun, the Dor'chak, if you want)

The "laser gun" in FA actually appears to work like a laser...it appears to be a continuos beam, capable of cutting.

The Confederation Handbook gives some info on marine armor from the movie too, if you'd like it. I don't have it in reach at the moment (and i'm too lazy to go get it). If you want the stuff though, tell me and i'll throw it up here. (or wait till LOAF comes in...he probably knows...)

Hi there,

Well it owuld be great if yo ucould put the info you have lying around up here, no particular hurry about it though. I'm intrested iin what LOAF has aswell, 'cause I know he shoul dhave some things on it. Good thing you reminded me about the armor thing, almost forgot about that, thanks :)

Best wishes,
didi

Well, there aren't really any stats.
The weapons are mostly one shot one kill anyway. Though I suppose armor and shields would affect that.

Ok Fullburst, here's the stuff from the Confederation Handbook I said i'd get you...various peices of equipment...

C-524 Space Armor
C-532 Life Support Pack
C-512 Combat Helmet
C-47 Assualt Rifle (has a rifle with 4 settings and a grenade launcher)
C-244 Pistol (has single shot and three shot modes)
C-275 Utility Knife (balanced for throwing)
C-643 Shaped Satchel Charge

And then of course there are the various nameless weapons from the books, games, and Academy.

To Fraix: Yes this is a new game engine, no MOD. I'm facing all kinds of problems, not the least being where in God's name I'm going to put it up for download, but I'll leave that for later.

Ladiesman: Thanks a lot! That's some really neat stuff. One more question, the C-47... do you know which 4 settings they are? I can think of three, but the fourth is something I can't really come up with; Having playedmany tactical shooters I figure single, 3-round burst and full-auto modes, but what would the fourth be?
Thanks again,
Didi

Originally posted by FullBurst41

Ladiesman: Thanks a lot! That's some really neat stuff. One more question, the C-47... do you know which 4 settings they are? I can think of three, but the fourth is something I can't really come up with; Having playedmany tactical shooters I figure single, 3-round burst and full-auto modes, but what would the fourth be?
Thanks again,
Didi

IIRC, it said single, 3-shot, 5-shot, full auto

I also was reading through it because I rememered a mention of another weapon, and I did find it:

M-47 Semiautomatic Laser (as of the 2650's was being phased in as the primary weapon for planetary operations)

And then if you want it, the Kilrathi Dor-Chak rifle (which is a laser weapon that the M-47 is based off of)

From what I recall, wasn't the WC equipment pretty much the same sort of stuff as what troops use today, only updated?

So just basically use modern marine equipment as a basis.

Originally posted by Dak
From what I recall, wasn't the WC equipment pretty much the same sort of stuff as what troops use today, only updated?

So just basically use modern marine equipment as a basis.

Except things like lasers and crazy hover tanks for the army? And neutron guns... I know Marines use Neutron Guns today!

Originally posted by TC

Except things like lasers and crazy hover tanks for the army? And neutron guns... I know Marines use Neutron Guns today!

The military has been experiementing with lasers for years. They have recently developed a mass driver cannon. Neutron guns may be on the horizon. Hovercraft exist, and it won't long until they are combined with tanks. The modern army is a good model to start from.

Originally posted by TC

OK, look at today's military and think about what it'll be like in 400 years time then. How's that then?

Or just watch Aliens...

Back