Help Remembering a Spacefight Scene

markglass

Spaceman
Hi guys,

I'm trying desperately to remember where I saw this scene. I don't think it's from any Wing Commander. I can only remember vaguely that a patrol of fighters is surprised and chased and that they are wiped out in the process of running. The communication going back and forth from the lead (female) pilot and some sort of HQ is very chilling as she realizes she is going to die. It was quite an eerie animation.

Any idea where this is from??? (no, not Wing Commander 4... I almost think it's from a cartoon or anime).

Ohhhh

That's the one! Thank you both!!! Yeah, I must have been conflating the female voice with something else - I'm not sure what. Regardless, thank you guys SO much!!!

This scene has some of the best voice acting I've heard in a game.

An excellent game, and Freespace 2 was even better. And of course it has led to the Freespace Open project, which in turn leads to the WC Saga & Hostile Frontier mods. I take what I can get in new Wing Commander games...

Why does GoG.com have an open-sourced game up for $6?

/edit: a better question might be why is there no Wing Commander on there yet?

Chernikov: You misunderstand something here. Just because the technical aspect (or better: the engine) was made open-source, it doesn't make the content open-source.

No Wing Commander is because of EA. They do not support GOG just yet. Perhaps, because they are planning an own portal or something else. I don't know,

funnily, I own freespace 1 and 2, in the license for freespace2. If you don't patch the game. The original game disc gives you a license to give free copies of the game to friends to play. :) They revised that clause of the copyright notice in later patches.

Darkmage: :)

Obee: Not really. Most of the FS1 and FS2 campaigns have been remade under the open-source banner including model, and IIRC the content itself was either made open or "left open for interpretation" - not that it matters, since the core game was frustratingly terrible and the modifications are just that - mods. Also, I'm not blaming GoG for the lack of available Wing Commander - I understand that EA is usually stubborn about releasing their IP for better or for worse, and that was intended to be a humorous play on such. If they actually cared about the fifty to one hundred thousand or so they would make on rereleasiing Wing Commander in all it's versions, I imagine that anything viable (non-FMV) would already be up there.

Again, though, I could be wrong.

Back