Heart of the Tiger, Classic style

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
EA Games. Challenge everything. In a very litrial sense. It's as if they're assimilating all the other games companies.

We are MicroSoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Originally posted by Ijuin
We are MicroSoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Like this?

bill-gates-borg.gif

Originally posted by Maniac II
... you like being the pessimest dont you preacher???
Hardly.

I don't see what's pessimistic about, say, downgrading yer PC from Win 98 to Win ME. The word is more like 'stupid', or at best, 'naive'... Same principle here. ;)

Originally posted by Mav23
So are you saying that you hold ill-will towards those of us with ME? :(
Not at all.

I just finished watching a bit of the X-Men 1.5 DVD, and, to quote Prof Charles Xavier (in part) from the first movie:

"I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who..." :D

EA is the lesser evil... BTW a linux port of WC may be possible! a guy has ported another EA title Medal of honor allied assault to linux..... seems he signed an NDA and they were happy to hand over the source code... he created the binaries (the linux version of .exe files) and distributed them for free... all you do is buy the windows version of the game and copy the datafiles across then install the linux binaries, the game runs perfect... now if we can get a coder to approach EA about WC....

I think the idea to do wc3 in 1/2 style would be ok.. it'd at least bring some balance to the graphics but another cool thing would be to remake 1/2 and bring them into 3d and FMV!

I would love that. And keep the characters closer to the way they looked in the first game as well, rather than having the Steve McQueens and Dolf Lungrens in it.

well... if I can get my hands on the original meshes (or some damn nice remakes of them) I could rerender all the scenes from wc2, BTW wc1 i don't think was fully hand drawn... the ships perhaps were but look on the box and it says RAYTRACED artwork! I reckon lots of scenes such as interior shots were rendered using 3d models.

Originally posted by Darkmage
well... if I can get my hands on the original meshes (or some damn nice remakes of them) I could rerender all the scenes from wc2, BTW wc1 i don't think was fully hand drawn... the ships perhaps were but look on the box and it says RAYTRACED artwork! I reckon lots of scenes such as interior shots were rendered using 3d models.
If anything was raytraced in WC1, it definitely was not the interior shots. They were most definitely drawn.

BTW a linux port of WC may be possible! a guy has ported another EA title Medal of honor allied assault to linux..... seems he signed an NDA and they were happy to hand over the source code... he created the binaries (the linux version of .exe files) and distributed them for free... all you do is buy the windows version of the game and copy the datafiles across then install the linux binaries, the game runs perfect... now if we can get a coder to approach EA about WC....
If I guess correctly, this would almost certainly be the same guy that did a Linux port of Quake III. In other words, someone with a track record. This will not happen with WC for two reasons:

a) There is no profit in it. MoH was at the top of the charts last year, and you can still come across it in stores fairly regularly. It's not new, but it still sells. This is not the case with any WC title. The only people who would be interested in a Linux port would be the... oh, I guess there must be about five WC fans that are also big Linux fans.

b) There's no one within or outside the WC community interested in doing this. Well, that's not quite accurate. There's probably one or two WC fans who would like to try this. But they have no track record. Even if condition (a) was not true, EA would still not want to work with these people.

Originally posted by Quarto
b) There's no one within or outside the WC community interested in doing this. Well, that's not quite accurate. There's probably one or two WC fans who would like to try this. But they have no track record. Even if condition (a) was not true, EA would still not want to work with these people.

EA wouldn't want to work with you if your name was Hideo Kojima or Shinji Mikami. Steal your ideas, sure, but...

the guy who ported MOHAA did not port quake 3, that was done inhouse at ID software, the guy DID port UT2003, UT, and some other games including serious Sam 1/2.

Originally posted by Darkmage
the guy who ported MOHAA did not port quake 3, that was done inhouse at ID software, the guy DID port UT2003, UT, and some other games including serious Sam 1/2.
My mistake. All I remembered was that he ported some sort of FPS. But of course, this very much proves my point.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
EA wouldn't want to work with you if your name was Hideo Kojima or Shinji Mikami. Steal your ideas, sure, but...
Oh, right, the way they stole Chris Roberts' ideas. Wait, what?
There is absolutely no logical reason for you to accuse EA of such tactics. You're just trying to come up with more reasons to hate EA... which is more than weird. It simply makes no sense. EA is not evil, they're just poorly managed.

Back