Has anyone got Scarface yet?

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
I got Scarface for the PS2 a couple of days ago, and I love it! It has alot of great controls and storyline, and takes off right where the movie left off, except with a twist. I assume almost everyone's seen the movie, so go out and buy the game if you haven't already.
And if you are currently playing the game, talk about it here! :)

I haven't seen the movie. I hear movies based on video games are lame anyway.

it was a joke...
I hate the premise of the game, anyway, it goes against everything the movie stands for. and reviews are pretty bad. did you ever play GTA?

You're both wrong, Scarface the movie and Scarface the game are both based on the posters every Freshman dorm in the universe has.

The sountrack of the movie is great, and it's the one used for the 80's retro station on GTA.

Scarface was created by rappers who got tired of faking like they're religious. They took it so far as to even make a movie, too. But everyone "knows" the rappers came first.

And that's how it is cuz LOAF Lesnick said so. *raises an eyebrow*

I've never understood why people like this movie, let alone why theres such a heavy following of it in rap culture.

Then again, I don't know why they're making a video game sequel to Heat for crissakes.

What I mean by saying it takes place from where the movie left off is that before the guy kills you, you kill him. :)

But that... didn't happen... *would be confused if he wasn't depressed that they sink so low as to rewrite one of the only truly decent (not entirely for shock-value) scenes of the entire movie. I mean I have the movie and I've watched it a few times, but I'll be one of the first to admit it's mostly complete garbage as far as movies go. If you must give me crime, give me godfather pt 1 or goodfellas over scarface any day. And finally at the risk of sounding racist (I'm not and I don't mean it as such), I think the black populace needs to find themselves better role models than Tony Montana. Don't they have a month dedicated to uplifting influencial black men and women heroes? Why not emulate and idolize them instead?

meisdavidp said:
And finally at the risk of sounding racist (I'm not and I don't mean it as such), I think the black populace needs to find themselves better role models than Tony Montana. Don't they have a month dedicated to uplifting influencial black men and women heroes? Why not emulate and idolize them instead?

How is that related whatsoever? Tony Montana isn't even black.

The reason Scarface is super-popular today is because rap musicians have made a big deal about it.

Ok, I just saw it for the first time last night, and though I certainly agree that it is no Godfather part one, it was good solid entertainment.

A couple of years back they had these $50 gift box rereleases for the 20th anniversary of the movie. I picked one up because Fry's had it for $20, but I never watched it.

Back