Has anyone ever seen Battlefield Earth?

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
,and did you like it or not? I'd like to know because I've never seen
the movie but friends have said it was good and others say it's bad. I don't know which one to believe!
So who do I ask?My buddys at Crius.net!

Anyway, thanks in advance,
ThE MaNiAc

Battlefield Earth succinctly sucked, IMO. I tried really really REALLY hard to like it, but in the end, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. To do so would be like stabbing myself with a click-pen over and over again...wouldn't do any damage, but it'd be pretty annoying anyway.

The special effects are great, but the story is a bit too simple.

Very, Very laughable though how a group of caveman learned to fly harriers in a few days.

I like the latest print of the book with the futuristic Chuck Norris on the cover standing over an apocalyptic battlefied.

I thought the book was okay.

When I was ten years old.

Now I'm embarassed to have read it. Fortunately it was a library rental, so money didn't go into Scientology's pocket.

Whoooaaa, thanks for the heads up! I'll try to get a copy of the book, though.

Thanks again,
The Maniac-AC-Ac-ac-ac

The movie is 100% bad.
the book is readable scifi space opera. And it does not metion Xenu or any of the Scientology crap.

You should borrow it, though, better not give money to those wackos

Wait, what does Tom cruise have to do with this? :D

The Maniac ssnhjejrh whddgsajk

The movie sucks big time. When I watched it on a theather, half of the people left before the movie ended. Many people fell asleep (including my girlfriend) and others booed it when it ended. A total piece of crap.

I've seen some bad movies before, but I've never seen any noticeable number of people leave or boo. Does that ever actually happen in real life?

I went to see "A Soldier's Story" in '85 (?) , when the movie started there
were maybe thirty people in the theater , by the end there were four .
As for Starkey's comments , I assumed it was a cultural thing .

ChrisReid said:
I've seen some bad movies before, but I've never seen any noticeable number of people leave or boo. Does that ever actually happen in real life?

Yeah... I see *a lot* of movies and I've never had this happen -- but pretty much everone on the internet has some hilarious story about the time whatever movie they didn't like was booed.

I'm betting it's a defense mechanism of sorts -- it's not just my opinion, here's a story that shows people agree with me!

(Notably, it *never* works the other way around -- you never have someone posting about how much they loved Movie X, but at the end everyone booed!)

ChrisReid said:

I had never seen it before either, but when it happened I started a thread here to report it.

I don´t think that would happen in a sold out audience, the theater had about only 30 people in it when the movie started. When it ended, many had left already and the others started to protest out loud (in a funny way, actually). But then again, there were only a few people there.

I understand if no one believes, since I never saw that in any other bad movie I´ve watched. Anyway, my story is here, and the final point is: Run away from that movie! :p

Bandit LOAF said:
Notably, it *never* works the other way around -- you never have someone posting about how much they loved Movie X, but at the end everyone booed!

Didn't someone(Shipgate?) start a thread a year ago were he was moaning about how everyone hated the'guide to the galaxy, while he enjoyed it?

Back