Happy of the Good News

Dahan

Rear Admiral
I for like many Wing Commander fans/Wing nuts and what not am happy to see that Wing Commander has taken a turn towards the console games again and see that the memory still continues.
However unlike some people they may not be able to play Arena because they will not have the money for the console or have time whatsoever.
Do anyone feel they maybe in this similiar situation?

The best one can do is to read the reviews/comments and dribble and drool at those screenshots of the game itself......

I dunno.. I'm about as poor as it gets at the moment and I'm still attempting to scratch together 360 money.

I'm pissed I just got mine then MS goes and announces the Elite edition with the 120 gig HD compared to my 20....SOB

As much as it pains me, I can't spend that sort of money for one game, even if it is a Wing Commander game. Of course, I don't have broadband anyway so it's a moot point.

I'm pissed I just got mine then MS goes and announces the Elite edition with the 120 gig HD compared to my 20....SOB

If you think you need an Elite 360, there should be a bunch of people here looking to get a good deal on XBoxes.

If you think you need an Elite 360, there should be a bunch of people here looking to get a good deal on XBoxes.

Very true, I'm just curious how MS plans to allow us to move save games and other stuff from old 20 gb to new 120 gb, if they can do that than I don't see a need to get an elite.

A cable will be packaged with both the elite, and the 120gb hdd (which can be bought seperately and installed on your existing 360 - then making the only major benefits to the "elite" the HDMI support and the black paint!).

As I understand it, the cable will hook to both hard drives, copy your data from the old drive to the new one, and then delete all of the content from the old drive, so that you can sell it on ebay or something, without people accessing your Gold account, etc...

At least, that's the plan. A lot of people would rather keep their data as a backup, a safeguard - but MS doesn't plan on that. And my biggest question is: does it really format the drive, or just 'quick format' it? And could it do more? If you have access to my Gold account, you also have access to my Passport password, and therefore, my creditcard (on file with billing.microsoft.com). So, yeah, if I do buy a 120GB drive, I don't have any plans to sell my 20 on ebay. But I can in no way justify the $180 asking price to buy the 120GB drive for my existing 360.

NuAngel

All they have to do is write over the (small) section of the drive that carries sensitive information a dozen times or so. That's what secure erase or file shredder software does. It's not rocket science and I'm sure they know what they're doing over there.

Back