Halo 3 is out today!

I got the Legendary edition along with the Halo 3 edition of the 360. They're looking pretty sexy in my dorm room.

If anyone wants to do some multiplayer, my tag is "Mr Freight". I hope to get Wing Commander Arena within a week or two, as that was the reason that made me get the 360. No lie, I was set on getting a Wii (with a "screw Halo 3" mindset) until they announced Arena. That little game made all the difference.

Youngblood said:
ok so whos finished the fight???

Got it, played it, beat it (Normal Difficulty), loved it, and I feel bad for those who haven't, won't, or don't. ;)

Halo 3 was my favorite of the three hand-down. I thought the ending was appropriate and artfully done from a "we might or might not come back to this" standpoint [I think Bungie officially announced they're going to try working on different intellectual property for their next project(s)]. The music, while simply variations on established themes in the prior games, completely fit the mood (I thought the crazy guitar & loud rock they had in Halo 2 was a tad irritating and over-the-top in places - this felt more like the 1st one in terms of underlining the severity, desperation, and somber mood with more haunting melodies). And I was very happy to find out that the game's final moments were more exciting than fighting a super-monkey.

Not looking to start one of these Halo "yay or nay" discussions, but it was one of my more memorable & treasured gaming experiences, so as far as I'm concerned, it's done plenty right to set it apart from the more generic genre competition out there. Even as an excessively seasoned gamer, Halo meant something special to me despite the crammed-down-your-throat hype and occasionally bothersome mindlessness of some elements of the bandwagon fanbase.

In similar related news, I'm headed over to my best friend's place this evening, and he's inviting two more buddies over and borrowing a projector to complement his big-screen high-def LCD TV. Two XBox-360's split-screen, system-linked together for some 4-player co-op campaign fun (hopefully!). Can't wait! :)

Well I beat my Collectors edition yesterday. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Its a great game. And I am actually enjoying the online multiplayer as well. I figured I wouldnt after playing Halo 2. (people are such jerks when they know they are better than you) The new player ranking system is awesome. it just sucks that if you have to quit out of a match it counts against you. I made private and my cat had a little accident and had to quit to play clean up, now im an apprentice 2nd grade again. So far Halo 3 is great, and using the custom soundtracks in multiplayer is awesome. Fire up some hard rock and or Halo's Rock Anthem for Saving the World and play in the rumble pit (thats where I am stuck at the moment). Either way Halo 3 is Two Thumbs WAAAYYYY up!

"Hey Griff, Chupathingy how about that?"

I love Red VS Blue. It sucks that the newest season that just came out will be its last. I like Caboose and Church, and all the ways that Caboose pisses Church off.

"The last time I was shot, I got a purple heart. This time I would like a purple lung. You see...I want to make an entire purple person."
Caboose

And of course the classic response by Tucker
"How about you get a purple brain?"

Even more classic line by Caboose:

"You're just jealous!"

That episode is probably my favorite

Especially the "Hey Tucker is my body on straight?" line

Even better Caboose moment is when Omally has taken control of him and he keeps giving Tucker death threats and Church doesn't believe him.

Caboose: Never....Be....Alone!

Tucker (to Church): He's doing it again!

I love that.

But to take the cake is the first episode when Church and Tucker are spying on the reds.

Church: They're just talking, they're always just talking. Thats what they were doing when we got here 3 weeks ago, and thats what they were doing when you asked me 5 minutes ago. And when you ask me in 5 minutes....they're still gonna be just standing there, and they're just going to be talking.

Tucker: Well....what are they talking about?

Church: You know what, I F***in hate you!

That is the best line, in the whole series.

Better yet:

Griff: "PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! DON'T EMBARASS THE FAMILY!"

Simmons: "Whoa! Does this thing take dollar bills?"

Sarge: "Wow...is this that MySpace thing I keep hearing about!?"

Griff: "Stop embarassing our family!!"

Simmons: "She's not embarassing your...wait, why's she doing splits!?"

The episode where Tex and Church go into Cabooses subconcious and end up seeing how Caboose perceives everyone is funny as hell. Church is Cabooses best friend and Sarge is a pirate. That is a great one.

Also, I will not ever understand the furor over Halo. It does many things and none of them particularly well.

There's a few things it does uniquely well. I was really hoping that the series' party & matchmaking system would become the standard for all XBox 360 multiplayer. The Truskill thing they ended up with is kind of a lame implementation of it.

(Chris - what kind of monitors do you have? Those are really nice.)

They're both 24" Dell LCDs. I use them as computer monitors mainly, but I picked those because they also have component inputs and are excellent portable HDTVs for video games.

Halo 3 was my favorite of the three hand-down. I thought the ending was appropriate and artfully done from.... And I was very happy to find out that the game's final moments were more exciting than fighting a super-monkey.

Yeah, it has a much more satisfying ending.

In similar related news, I'm headed over to my best friend's place this evening, and he's inviting two more buddies over and borrowing a projector to complement his big-screen high-def LCD TV. Two XBox-360's split-screen, system-linked together for some 4-player co-op campaign fun (hopefully!). Can't wait! :)

That's what I was doing last night. Mostly matchmaking. We started around 6 PM and played mostly nonstop until about 7:30 AM when we noticed it was getting light. It only seemed like a few hours had gone by.

Well I beat my Collectors edition yesterday. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Its a great game. And I am actually enjoying the online multiplayer as well. I figured I wouldnt after playing Halo 2. (people are such jerks when they know they are better than you) The new player ranking system is awesome. it just sucks that if you have to quit out of a match it counts against you.

I really like that. The hit you take for a rare emergency is tiny, and in exchange for that the entire system has far fewer people dropping out of games. People don't quit from games that are going badly for them anymore. The occasional ones you see are probably the random connection error or pet drama like you experienced. I also really like how they split up ranked and social playlists. Having variable-size teams to match your party is a nice improvement. The rank stuff gives you a good idea of experience across all the modes too.

Here's some neat screenshots I took (one is Dund's):

Last edited by a moderator:
I finaly did it...

I knocked back a rocket with the brute hammer (I was at a friends house and we were trying to see if it was possible)

I have only played Halo 1
Never played Halo 2 as I dont have an XBox and probably wont but the PC version is released so I might be tempted to play it and look how the story line is developing with the Master Chief and the Conevant

I was thinking of episode 100 when Tucker says something about "Now it's MY turn to pound some butt..." and Caboose says, deadpan, "Hey chicka bom bom"

I totally did NOT see that coming, about spewed soda on my keyboard! :D

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4s4fWyoW0

Tucker: "...the last time I had the sniper rifle, I unloaded a round into her butt..."
Caboose: "Hey chicka bom bom"
Tucker: "Caboose! What did I tell you about that!?"
Caboose: "SORRY! Sorry!"

Just saw this over at HBO. It's a legit killastrophe and god damn it looks intense. This thread over at HBO has a link to both the gametrailers vid and the ingame link as well.

Back