GL DLL error

X

Xzar

When I try to run the game it give me a fatal error when it leaves the wcue startup menu.

It says "Could not determine which GL DLL to load"

Any ideas?

Either way, thanks for making it

Have you made sure to install Unknown Enemy in the exact same directory than Secret Ops ? You have to install it in the same directory.

It wasn't in the Special OPs folder, but I added it now.

I still get an error, the screen goes black then drops out to a windowed black screen and I get a Fatal error that says GL_d3d_5::createZBuffer attach failed 87. When I click okay the program closes.

I have no idea what it means, thanks for your help.

Because I'm so lazy, I'll simply quote what I wrote the last time this subject came up. Hope it helps.

According to older posts about this subject, error 87 means "Invalid Params", meaning that the 32-bit Z-Buffer isn't being created successfuly. This problem seems to be related to hardware - meaning, that some cards (in particular, Radeon cards, but some others as well) simply have trouble with UE. This is unsurprising, I guess, because our implementation of the 32-bit mode is nothing more than a hack, and such things are not always reliable.

First thing you should try (if you haven't already) is to run the game in 16-bit mode. If it works, and you're happy with that, then the problem's solved. Otherwise, you may try this DLL file that HCl made in an attempt to solve this problem - overwrite the old gl_0000x.dll in your Secret Ops folder. This may fix 32-bit mode for you. Keep in mind that none of us know whether this solves the problem - we haven't had any feedback one way or another (...so please let us know how this works out ;)).

Unfortunately, if none of this solves the problem, we have no other solutions to propose. It may be that downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card or the latest version of DirectX will solve this problem, but this is highly unlikely.

It works!!!!!!!!!!!

Dropping it down to 16 did it. Thanks you guys for all of you help.

I will give the other method with the new DLL a try it when I get back from class.

It still doesn't work with the new DLL file. I have an ATI Radeon 9600, with 256 mb. I am running it under windows me on a 1.8 gig computer with 640 megs of ram.

Thanks for helping me out and I hope this information helps.

I don't think there's very much we can do about that - some cards just don't seem to like the 32bit patch. I know that for some people the alternative DLL solves the problem, but doesn't seem to solve it for everyone. So unfortunately, you'll just have to play 16bit - sorry :(.

Back