Geoffrey Tolwyn

Fruitcake

Spaceman
After being found guilty on all charges stemming from the Black Lance conspiracy, convicted and stripped of rank, Geoffrey Tolwyn committed suicide in his prison cell on the eve of his execution in 2674, believing he had failed humanity. (It has been suggested by some that he allowed himself to be revealed, and thus court-martialed, in order to bring the conspiracy down, an act with is rather more in keeping with Tolwyn as depicted in the novels.)

This has been written by someone in the Wikipedia entry on Tolwyn. Why does anyone think he would reveal his plans which he deemed so neccessary for humanity to survive to the public? Would he go like "Hmm, now they've captured me, the plan is worthless and shouldn't go on?". That doesn't seem very likely to me...

I personally found that Tolwyns actions fit quite well with his persona in the books, as he always seemed to me to be slightly more bloodthirsty than is healthy in your average wartime leader.

That last part absolutley makes no sense. Especially not when reading the novel. Maybe you should submit a correction?

What I mean is that Tolwyn's actions in regards to the Black Lance (creating it, remorseleslly using GeneSelect weaponry, etc. etc. etc.) Fit entirely with his attitude and actions in the books, just exponentially intensified.

My bloodthirsty comment stems from, specifically, his attack on the Kilrathi carrier in the opening of Fleet Action, even though he knows full well that Confed has accepted a cease-fire.

Nomad Terror said:
To the author's credit, he/she did write it as "suggested by some"

And to that author's discredit - they put it in in the first place.

If it is suggested by some then it is correct to say that it is suggested by some.

I mean if that section of the article seems wrong then by all means correct it. Community effort is the heart of a wiki, especially wikipedia. A wrong article will remain wrong if no one takes the effort to do anything about it.

Except that when the author writes "it is suggested by some", he actually means "in my opinion". I've been a part of this community for six years, and I haven't even heard this theory before, so it's safe to say that the author of this entry is the one that made it up, and also the only one that believes it.

The last time I fixed Wikipedia's Wing Commander entries, SpaceBattles idiots yelled at me. I think our best option would be just to burn the Wikipedia down and forget anyone ever came up with the concept.

Nah, just need to burn down the SB idiots.

flamethrow.gif

They care because they're idiots. One idiot alone is stupid. Ten idiots together are still stupid, but can pretend like they aren't. (With thanks to Frosty)

Because Spacebattles encourages idiocy like trying to compare different universes with different technologies and then debating what side is 'better', ignoring both logic and common sense.

Bandit LOAF said:
The last time I fixed Wikipedia's Wing Commander entries, SpaceBattles idiots yelled at me. I think our best option would be just to burn the Wikipedia down and forget anyone ever came up with the concept.

Someone explain to me the term of Wikipedia reference??
I am not familiar with the term

Well, Wikipedia is this online type of encyclopedia where everyone is able to contibrute. Check www.wikipedia.org. There's a lot of stuff there to read for me whenever I'm bored. Sadly because everyone is able to edit, it's not always the greatest source of information in terms of quality.

Haesslich said:
Because Spacebattles encourages idiocy like trying to compare different universes with different technologies and then debating what side is 'better', ignoring both logic and common sense.
It may be pointless, but it's whiled away many a boring science lesson.

The Extras on the Equilibrium DVD tells us that Buddhism believes that evil want to be revealed and destroyed. Or something. Maybe it's along those lines.

Or maybe Wikipedia just isn't a very trustworthy source of information.

Back