Gemini Gold Upgrading Soon (September 18, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The Privateer Gemini Gold team has released a few screenshots that highlight graphical improvements the fan project should receive soon. Whirling clouds have been added to planets such as New Detroit, and improved lightmaps are apparent on based like Perry. The 1.01 patch has been in development for a little while, and they hope to release the upgrade and bugfix patch within a couple weeks. You can try the game out in its current form here.

--
Original update published on September 18, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
my update wishes

what i want to know is if the background graphics of the stations will be remaked in hi-res. i am still dissatisfied with the old-fashioned lo-res graphics. or is it just a retro feature?

Graphics are pretty much the primary thing that Gemini Gold strives to change compared to the original Privateer. I think it's just that nobody's properly redone the backgrounds yet.

Wie komme ich an die Hintergrund-Dateien?

Ich würde ja gerne mal selber ei bischen experimentieren, aber wie komm ich an die hintergrunddateien der Basen ran?

Poste doch einfach mal eine kleine Liste der benötigten files, und eine erklärung wie ich an die Hintergründe komm, und vielleicht findet sich ja hier dann auch jemand der was machen kann...

I'm not too good on German, or whatever it is... Neither is Google.

I would experiment gladly times egg bischen, but as come I to the background files of the Basen ran? Poste nevertheless simply times a small list of the necessary files, and an explanation as I to background comes, and perhaps here then also someone is which make can…

Anyways, this thread doesn't need to be resurrected. The Porcupine says.

Unregistered says:
I'd like to experiment a bit, but how do I get to the bases' background files?
Please post a short list of the necessary files and an explanation on how to access the backgrounds, and then maybe there's someone who can do something...
But since there's work going on in the other thread, please post there. If you need assistance with English, PM me.

Back