Garriott Rocks Some Out-of-this-World Threads (April 26, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Paul Smith posted some cool shots of the mission patches from Richard Garriott's trip to space, and here's a snazzy shot of Richard in his flight suit to match.

Richard Garriott, famed video game developer, is following in his father’s footsteps and has launched aboard a Russian Soyuz spacecraft to the International Space Station. Richard’s father Owen Garriott is a former NASA astronaut who completed two space missions during his career. Richard is the the first second generation American in space, and also the sixth private astronaut client of Space Adventures.

--
Original update published on April 26, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of useless trivia: Owen K. Garriott's hometown is Enid, OK, where I was stationed for my last Navy tour via Vance AFB. The main drag is named after him; it's the town portion of US 412 running east-west. The Applebee's there has several posters, spacesuits and memoribilia (sp?) from Garriott's Skylab stint: "They will do their job -- Will you do yours?"

Kinda neat that the immediate root sprung from a town about only 55,000 strong, last I knew.

Back