Flight Helmets

Motorcycle helmets with Wing Commander stickers? Won't that look a bit... tacky?

I would think if you were going to wear a helmet, you'd want it to look like an actual flight helmet (like the first example picture).

Well... the actual props are motorcycle helmets with Wing Commander stickers.

They also have a front plate that's glued onto them, though, and that's what we'd ideally like to find some way to replicate.

I think it would also be great to have Kilrathi pilot gear, especially the helmets! That would be cool to see, along with Black Lance gear too, IMO.

Bandit LOAF said:
Well... the actual props are motorcycle helmets with Wing Commander stickers.

They also have a front plate that's glued onto them, though, and that's what we'd ideally like to find some way to replicate.

Sorry just offtopic slightly for one moment, how did they come about making the movie helmets? I heard here a while ago that the flightsuits were actually ski outfits or something.

Whatever happened to this? My girlfriend is good at fibreglassing and has friends into costuming etc. If I can get enough info we are looking into doing this as well at some point. Also a mate of mine is really good with resins/plastics, he was basically saying if we can get a 3d scan of an existing helmet then reproducing it would be very simple. From what I understand they are motorbike helmets that have been modified? Does anyone know what brand/model of helmets were used originally? The credits in wc3/4/prophecy list Mary E Paxton and Karen Mann as having created the costumes for those games. Does anyone know howto get in contact with them?

Back