Flight Cmdr Explosion

eddieb

Vice Admiral
New explosions are implemented, I've got the fireball, a 3d shockwave model courtesy of Cyberion, and 3d debris models custom for each ship.

screenshot8.jpg

And to add to this. I have added the Rapier 2 to the engine with xml, correct orientation, and accuarate ports. Should be uploaded to the new RG site soon.

I think that shockwave might need a transparency map - it looks kinda unnatural right now.

future improvements?

Good job as usual.

What more features are you planning to put into FC? And since FC now supports .obj files -I haven't tried it yet- will you update the editing documentation?

Keep it up, your engine can be the most moddable space combate engine ever.

Quarto said:
I think that shockwave might need a transparency map - it looks kinda unnatural right now.
Not a bad idea. I adjust the alpha of the whole mesh over time, so it fades out.

Unregistered said:
Good job as usual.

What more features are you planning to put into FC? And since FC now supports .obj files -I haven't tried it yet- will you update the editing documentation?

Keep it up, your engine can be the most moddable space combate engine ever.

There's not much to update documenation wise, just specify the .obj mesh in the ship file instead of a mesh.bin. That's it.

As far as new features, I think I'll work on adding multiple waves of fighters per nav point next, as well as mission editor support for this.

Ptarmigan said:
Cool. This will rival the Vision engine. :cool:

AFAIK it's not trying to rival the eight year old vision engine. It's trying to be a mod friendly version of it.

Dyret said:
AFAIK it's not trying to rival the eight year old vision engine. It's trying to be a mod friendly version of it.

More like comparable to the Vision engine. It does remind me of one. :cool:

ehhh site has some issues if you are viewing it with Internet Explore. i'll fix this...

if you are using Firefox, you should have no troubles at all.

Dyret said:

Oh, I thought the point was to learn how to program better :). It actually started as a project for my graphics class at UCLA, and that was in 1999, so Flight Commander is getting pretty old too.

eddieb said:
Oh, I thought the point was to learn how to program better :). It actually started as a project for my graphics class at UCLA, and that was in 1999, so Flight Commander is getting pretty old too.

But, it is a work in progress still, unlike the Vision engine. :cool: :D Oh, where do we get the new explosion feature?

Nowhere, Eddie hasn't released the new version, yet. Not even to the mod team. :p

Well, he is just waiting to add more goodies before making another package. Probably, he will release the next version once the multiple waves are added.

Back