First person shooter?

Sandoval

Spaceman
I'm sure this has been discussed here many times but I'm having some difficulty getting good search results on it. Has anyone made a first person shooter WC project? I guess it may not be the most popular concept in a space combat sim genre, but I would greatly enjoy some racking up some Kilrathi headshots.

Fly any WC2 strike mission in a Broadsword or Crossbow, arm your torps, lock onto the capship, and switch to one of your turrets.

Presto! Instant first person shooter! :)

I did a deathmatch map once... a search should get you some pictures and maybe some video, but I wasn't happy with some of the proportions and then I ended up losing some of it and... haven't really done much with it since. I still remeber a number of techniques and it's something I wouldn't mind going back to, but I too many other things on the go at the moment.

To make a credible Kilrathi on 3D would be complicated, they don't look or walk like other humanoids, and they are bigger, too.

Yeah.
Although mass drivers....
well, they are a kind of energy weapon, too, because they produce their ammo by themselves iirc. So you just need energy cells instead of ammo.

But looking at the effect itself (super-fast-micro-projectiles) one could sayit is a projectile weapon.

How big are the mass driver projectiles, anyway?
I always imagined them to be very small. Just a few molecules maybe.

Back