FC 1.5 alpha

No, you can't force a traitor at the moment. Is this something people would really use?

If its really hard to not shoot your teammates then sure. The main issue I have is that once you've been marked as a traitor you can't auto pilot.

I discovered this new file when I was upgrading my Wing Commander 1 Remake to FC 1.5. There is a file called "music.xml" in the FC 1.5 release. It specifies what music to play during missions.

I found a bug with mouse support.

If the mouse is turning your ship on one axis, but not on the other axis, the keyboard will have control of turning your ship on the other axis.

For example, if the mouse was controlling just the yaw, you would still be able to control the pitch via the keyboard.

I've found a bug.

When I use Ship_setIff to set a ship as an enemy I can't command my wingmen to attack, unless they've been shot.

It there a way to determine which ship flags you as a traitor? I'm looking at being able to attack a certain friendly ships without everyone going against you.

I've found a bug.

When I use Ship_setIff to set a ship as an enemy I can't command my wingmen to attack, unless they've been shot.

Ok, I'll have a look.

It there a way to determine which ship flags you as a traitor? I'm looking at being able to attack a certain friendly ships without everyone going against you.

Guys, the whole traitor thing isn't supposed to be part of a normal mission. Once you're a traitor by attacking a friendly ship, you don't finish the mission. If you want the player to change sides, you should really do it with a comm menu choice instead, and scripting.

Guys, the whole traitor thing isn't supposed to be part of a normal mission. Once you're a traitor by attacking a friendly ship, you don't finish the mission. If you want the player to change sides, you should really do it with a comm menu choice instead, and scripting.

Alright, is there a way to determine which ship you shoot?

Alright, I've figured out another way to basically do the same thing. I'm going to use Ship_setShieldsAll(string shipid, float percentage) to determine if a ship gets shot.

Whats the difference between: float Ship_getHitPoints(string shipid)
And: int Ship_getArmor(string shipid, int region)
Or: int Ship_getShields(string shipid, int region)
Does HitPoints only refer to Armor as a whole without a region?

Ideas for Future Reference
Ship_setOrientation(string shipid, float rx, float ry, float rz);
float Ship_getSpeed(string shipid)
Ship_setDesiredVelocity(string shipid, float percentage)
I'm looking as having gravity around a large object, so when the player slows down the orientation of the ship drops and velocity increases. Mmmm.

Any collision damage option or a way to determine if you hit something?

Hit points get taken away after all the armor and shields are gone.

I'm sorry, but your gravity idea won't work in the current system. The script is only run say once a second or so, so manually changing position and orientation won't be fast enough. You should only really update position and orientation for cutscenes, not really in the game.

Collision damage is something I'll put in eventually, but right now collision detection and the AI is a little imperfect, so I'd rather not do a lot of unexpected damage.

Back