Favorite Wing Commander Movie Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Blair

Spaceman
What is your favorite WCM scene? Me? I don't have one but if I gave it some thought I guess the end with the Concordia battlegroup VS the Kilrathi battlegroup.

Opening Credits... esp when it shows the asteroid field for the first time. It looks very 3D for some reason.

I like the attack of Pegasus Base, it looked like those old WW2 movies, specially the *Battle of Midway*

Originally posted by RiotAct218
Mindless? Did you see the movie? I mean I liked it as far as a hardcore WC fan could, but come on.

Like the movie or not, repeating the same stupid joke over and over ("THE CREDITS! ROFLMEOW!") pretty much fits the definition of mindless...

I agree that the movie was, at it's best, alright. And it seems to have been based on Super Wing Commander the most. (Where they made things a lot darker and the characters ugly). But there are two scenes that would be my favourite in the movie. One is where Angel bitches out Blair because he mistakes her for just someone who works on the fighters, and later when she intends to kill Maniac. As a side note, this is completely out of character for someone who would not allow us to nuke c*** Colson some ten years later. (Yeah yeah, Angel has a good ten years wisdom and experiance, but she doesn't change that much. In the game at least).

Fe Fi Fo Fum... I smell the blood of a dead horse being beaten.

Originally posted by LeHah
Fe Fi Fo Fum... I smell the blood of a dead horse being beaten.

What, you mean the mistake I made about bringing up the topic of cats? :) No, really, what makes you think this is flogging a dead horse?

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
As a side note, this is completely out of character for someone who would not allow us to nuke c*** Colson some ten years later. (Yeah yeah, Angel has a good ten years wisdom and experiance, but she doesn't change that much. In the game at least).

Angel's decision to point that gun at Maniac was made in the heat of the moment. She had just lost a close friend and was not in her normal frame of mind. It's supposed to be out of character for her.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Angel's decision to point that gun at Maniac was made in the heat of the moment. She had just lost a close friend and was not in her normal frame of mind. It's supposed to be out of character for her.

That's true I guess. Hey, much the same happens in the games. Check out the tail end of Wing Commander 2. C*** Colson basically admitted to killing all of Angel's friends on the Tiger's Claw, as well as Spirit, who was as good a friend as...what's her name? Roseland, wasn't it? Anyway, the two were tight. And she doesn't fry him. (Or allow Blair to either). Guess that can be chalked up to what I said about having more wisdom than before.

If I can just make another comment on the movie, Chris Roberts was saying how he wanted to make this like a World War Two movie. This, in my opinion, was a bad idea because I think this was on the heels of Saving Private Ryan. (If you have the stomache for it, I suggest you watch it). How could Roberts top Saving Private Ryan? He can't. To be fair, he intended it to be similar to Das Boot (?!?), even if there were some things that were just plain stupid, but this has probably been elaborated on before.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
That's true I guess. Hey, much the same happens in the games. Check out the tail end of Wing Commander 2. C*** Colson basically admitted to killing all of Angel's friends on the Tiger's Claw, as well as Spirit, who was as good a friend as...what's her name? Roseland, wasn't it? Anyway, the two were tight. And she doesn't fry him. (Or allow Blair to either). Guess that can be chalked up to what I said about having more wisdom than before.

Erm...
Heat of the moment actions are called that because, well, they happen in the 'Heat of the Moment'. Blair hasn't had a moment to cool down (he's been engaged in a dogfight with the twerp that's been provoking him, and is responsible for the death of many of his former friends). Thus, Blair is ready to gun Jazz's escape pod.
Angel, on the other hand, has had a little time spent, by herself, to fly from the Concordia to the interception point, and compose herself and get her thoughts in order.
That's the difference.

Originally posted by Aries
don't forget that Jazz is responsible for Blair getting demoted

Yup on all counts.

Okay okay, back to the movie. I was saying how I liked the bit when Angel first meets Blair. That was pretty cool, and more importantly it's in character. I could see her doing that easily enough.

On another note about the movie...one of the most important things I feel is that we care about the characters. To be honest, if I'd seen the movie without playing the games, I wouldn't have given a crap whether they live or die.

speaking of death, what's up with Knight. The movie is supposed to take place before the game, so how does Knight die in the movie and return in the game. I thought cats were the only ones that had nine lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back