Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Broadsword

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Crossbow

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Morningstar

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I always thought the Rapier II from WC1 was over-rated, but I also think that the Raptor was the pinnacle of Confed fighter engineering, perfect balance of armor, missile allotment, energy weapons, manueverability, etc. The Rapier IIG from WC2 though is a different story, my favorite fighter from WC2 and also my pick for the most "beautiful" fighter in WC.
As for Kilrathi ships of the era, the Hhriss would be my choice . . . of course its about the Kilrathi doppleganger of the Raptor.

C-ya

If I could design a fighter it would have quad lasers and be loaded down with every Spiculum IR missile you can fit on. And armed and armoured like a Raptor.

Congratulations, you just designed the WC4 BW Banshee! And it (along with your specifications) can not be armed like the Raptor.

C-ya

Viper61 said:
Congratulations, you just designed the WC4 BW Banshee! And it (along with your specifications) can not be armed like the Raptor.

C-ya

Banshee huh? Look at that, my ideas must be good if they put out fighters based on it. :p Nah, seriously, what you mean it can't be armed like the Raptor?

If it is loaded to bear with Imrecs and has 4 lasers, it can't be armed like a Raptor (2 mass driver, 2 neutron guns, 1 Spic, 2 FF's, and 2 HS IIRC doesn;t equal 4 lasers and a boatload of IR's)

Yes Lasers are weak, but the raptor could only fire 3 slow salvos and its caps were depleted, the Banshee and its 4 lasers can fire twice as fast and I don;t think I ever held the trigger down long enough to deplete the caps (needless to say, many many salvos). The scatter gun was always my weapon of choice on the Banshee though.

C-ya

The banshee was useful in a scrap, but only so long as you had a punch to catch someone. The scatter gun still didn't do enough damage to justify a guns-only attack, unless you're me and you cannot be beat.

Viper61 said:
If it is loaded to bear with Imrecs and has 4 lasers, it can't be armed like a Raptor (2 mass driver, 2 neutron guns, 1 Spic, 2 FF's, and 2 HS IIRC doesn;t equal 4 lasers and a boatload of IR's)

The speed and armour of a Raptor I meant. Anyway, I like lasers because you can fire them from 3000 klicks out, fire the whole salvo before you are close enough to be in real bother, veer off to the left or right and do it again. I only had problems with doing this against the Sivar, it's shields would always be at full strength, and Neutron guns are the same. The only diffirence is that you are a lot closer in.

Back