Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Broadsword

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Crossbow

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Morningstar

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
Probably the Rapier ... It just looks like an imaginary far-future science-fiction space fighter should. Flies like one, too.

I'd probobaly have to go with either the Scimitar or Ferret...

Probably the Rapier ... It just looks like an imaginary far-future science-fiction space fighter should. Flies like one, too.

Which style of Rapier would you rather, wc1 or wc2?

The Crossbow--it's like a Broadsword on steroids. It's got all the protection of a Broadsword, with the extra pair of Neutron guns and more speed and agility! The Crossbow can frag anything that doesn't try to run away.

Raptor, who could ask for more then twin neutron guns, twin mass drivers, plenty of missiles for blastin' cats, and a mine for removing unwanted tailgaters.

Ijuin said:
The Crossbow--it's like a Broadsword on steroids. It's got all the protection of a Broadsword, with the extra pair of Neutron guns and more speed and agility! The Crossbow can frag anything that doesn't try to run away.
I think the Broadsword has better armour and shielding than a Crossbow. Plus the numerous guns on a Crossbow drain the capacitors in three salvos, and you're lacking the side turrets - which are more useful than one might think.

I still can't finish the Academy gauntlet (it's the only WC game I haven't 'completed'), but I do the best in the Broadsword. Does anyone know how many levels there are in the Academy gauntlet? I think I reached level 12, wave 2, but I can't be bothered trying to do it all again.

Mmm, I had a feeling I there were 15 levels. Which made dying at level 12 all the worse if only because I was so close. Feels like those older video games like Battletoads... and then along came battery save games. :)

WC1: Raptor

The Raptor made me want to mess up that mission towards the end of the WC1 campaign, becuse they put me in a Rapier...

Sabre.

Fast, packs a punch. Has a turret for all those times when the enemy is behind you. Good missile loadout.

That's why I haven't voted. There's far too many fighters to choose from, and I have more than one 'favourite'.

Wedge009 said:
I still can't finish the Academy gauntlet (it's the only WC game I haven't 'completed')

I thought I was the only one! Kinda makes you have a lil more respect for the Kilrathi...Terran ships are tough nuts to crack.

My fav ship is the Sabre, undoubtedly. The added ships in SO1 & 2 never really impressed me; the Crossbow is basically a watered down Broadsword. Its only advantage is an extra 50 KPS top speed (but still no afterburners) and a couple of neutron guns which I usually end up turning off anyways cause they suck up too much juice. The Morningstar simply doesn't have enough ordnance for me, shielding's too thin, and no turret. Not much of a heavy fighter to me...

Back