Fav for the bomber slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceblade

Admiral
You know it had to happen and why not go the whole nine yards. :D
What is a forum without gratuity. :p hey hey :D :D

Well, I already mentioned it in another thread, but my fav for bomber would be the black devastator. :cool:

Going to have to go with the paktahn on this one...6 torp hardpoints...4 plasma and 2 ion guns...although they are a bit slow, but none the less...makes confed capships go boom!

The Broadsword could survive a pounding and had a rear turret that was actually good for something. Can't say that about the Avenger.

*looks at millions of other threads like this*

My fav would have to be the sabre if you are counting fighter bombers, otherwise it is the crossbow

I really consider all bomber in WC to be under the fighter bomber category seeing as none of them are as big (comparitivily to fighters) as to bombers today--well excluding the Devastator :D which is more like a "fast" corvette. (just my opinion)

But for everybody, this thread includes torp bombers, fighter-bombers, and "any"-bombers

Well I'd say the devastator is the most powerful...the addition of the plasma guns made torpedoes pretty obsolete IMHO. Also kinda took the fun out of killing a cap ship. Just fire the gun a few times and BOOM! It's gone.

But that is the fun of it! :p Just 6 shots and then you have bugs for dinner. :D :D

Seriously, though. I love firing that one tackyon gun at my targets, unreal gun pool! Just hold down the trigger with some aimming and you've got a stew of roachs! :D

Love the loadout, too.

CrossBow - a combination of devestating gun power, good manuverability (for a bomber), good speed (again, for a bomber), excellent shielding and good looks :D .

Since I quite dislike flying any of the WC bombers I go with the Morningstar as my favourite Capship destroyer.

The Broadsword, Devastator and Longbow had at least a kind of bomber feeling for me, being slow and sluggish (not that I did enjoy flying them) but powerful.

The Crossbow is kinda cool because it mounted Neutron guns but it was too fast and agile for a bomber, it just felt like a big fighter.

The Shrike was just uarrrkh! :)

Hmm...

I'd have to say the Lollipop. It was a really gay looking ship but man it was flavorful and packed a mean punch.

Delance said:
Yeah, what's the deal with a light bomber? Just send a heavy fighter.

daggerstar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back