Factions and story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Just curious, are there going to be separted WC themed factions, like maybe the Kilrathi in Rheinland and maybe the Landreich in Bretonia? And what about the story, are you going to be able to create new cutscenes for an original story? Or is it going to be the original story with WC era ships? Or simply WC themed missions you pick up at the job board?
I'm in no ruch so just drop an answer whenever. :cool:

Well, if they make it compatible with single player, its going to be a bit off when someone says "Look! Rhineland Valykries!" and they turn out to be a pair of Dralthi. Rather than redo the cut scenes, it might be easier to just re-do the voices on some people...maybe, i dunno....prolly not now that i think about it...

(Redwarf_64)

Yeah but I'm just curious how far they're going to take the editing, or how far they can edit it.
Personally I think it would be groovy if they could create story missions that you could fly with, or against, people online. So like you might have game lobby A that's in chapter 3 while game lobby B might start out on chapter 1.
But I'm not that experienced in modding games, except good old Duke 3D, so I don't exactly know how far you can carry this without changing the source code.
I'm just excited over the whole thing whether there's a singleplayer story line or not. I downloaded the demo at Lancers' Reactor and have been flew a Thunderbolt through most of the story missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back