excellent

So.. uh.. how much longer would someone theoretically have to submit suggestions on the latest release candidate?

Well Chris, there is still some time especially for suggestions but i would wait till Beta 0.8 arrives, it's just around the corner ;)

We're hoping beta008 will really be the last one--we've modified the AI a lot since 007, and added a bunch of eye candyesque features that were bugging some hardcore priv fans...

but we are always happy to take in suggestions, and just because 1.0 is released doesn't mean it's the end all release... we'll probably need to patch it once it is tested on a really wide variety of systems, for instance.

That said, give us important comments sooner than later always! :)

make sure you update, darkmage so you get the better crosshairs
also make sure the text doesn't cover the screen unless someone talks to you (i.e. make sure you have the latest source)

powell99 said:
Will we get to see any BETA shots

You can already find a few here. We don't want to reveal too much of the game before we're ready and you can download it. Think of it like a present, if you don't know what will be in you can't await the day you'll get it and are very excited on your first Tarsus trip through Gemini...

...and i don't suggest you download the beta if you want to play the game, it was indeed only uploaded for people who are interested in beta-testing, coming up with suggestion. If you want to play the campain and enjoy the game hold yourself back and wait for the release.

that's probably one of the rooms that could use redoing...
most rooms have animations though--and those would be a lot tougher to redo--if someone can take any image and make it high rez, we'll include it...
but who these magical people are who can turn it into a high rez base have me stumped.

Animations really bring the bases to life--it doesn't seem logical to toss those for beautiful crisp, but static scenes.

Help is welcome, but as far as I can see Help is not on the way :-(

maybe after 1.0 comes out we attract some genius to come fix it up

Back