Eterium WC highly influenced game

Mindcrime

Commodore
hey all. I came across a game called Eterium on accident today. It is very influenced by wc1 and 2 with better graphics for the most part. I gotta say, so far it's exactly what I've been missing in games. Mission based with the wc feel. Telling wingmen to break and attack, auto pilot. U name it. Surprisingly it works very good with the xbox 360 controller. I'm gonna try it out with my hotas later. Anyways, its $5 on steam and u can't beat it for the price. I highly suggest you all check it out since we are all space addicts. Here's a link to the steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280200/

Played on release. While the storyline and dialogue is nothing special and the briefing are generic.... The space combat is rather great.

It also has a free DLC release.

Wing Commander fans need to apply.

Also played on release - didn't the devs come to the CIC to plug the game?

As @centaurianmudpig points out, the combat and general flight dynamics are rather special. It's all so smooth and in my opinion looks fantastic. If ever there was to be another attempt at a WC1 remake, this would surely be the engine to go for. I wonder, since they're obviously WC fans if they'd be interested in doing that; of course it'd be a fan project and they wouldn't be allowed to profit from it - but EA have been really very cool about fan mods, remakes etc.

I agree. A wc1 remake in this engine would be exactly what I've been waiting for all these years. Its not too flashy but just right. It works and looks great which is all we really want. Not cry engine lol. Thats a little too good looking for a wc1 remake imo. I want more simple like this.

Back