Episode 4 release date announced!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
It's half past midnight and I get up at 5 am, so I hope you guys don't mind if I just copy-and-paste from the website update this time.

Standoff's fourth episode is coming...
ep4.png

September 26th, 2007.

...Though to be honest, this one will be a little close. :p

Things are getting really close to completion now - the missions are in the final stages of bugfixing, we're only missing two pieces of music... and still waiting for quite a few voiceovers (although they've just about all been recorded now). Still, we wouldn't be announcing a release date if we didn't think we could realistically keep it, right? ;) So, watch this space on September 26th - the Battle of Sirius is about to begin!

Oh, by the way, about a week ago, I added a bunch of new screenshots. So, if you haven't seen them already, go check them out - there's a new starbase model, a new Wraith cockpit, and a whole bunch of other new improvements. :)

That's so cool, Episode 4 is around a week away!

Even if things don't work out in time, I'm sure we could manage to wait... two weeks. :)

Dee-lish!!

Ooh, I don't remember being this giddy since I was in high school waiting for WC2 to come out.

excellent! cant wait for it! best belated b-day present ever haha.

btw love the armada look on the pic up there :)

Yeah, it's a great picture, really cool. And cool that Episode 4 is coming, though I still have to play 2 and 3, so...;)

Well get cracking! And make sure to try both the winning and losing paths!

Get ready for the biggest battle of your life! (so far that is :D)

Any chance I could get that lovely Armada redux cover in a larger picture?

It’s great to here that episode 4 will be finished soon. You’ve done an excellent job with this game so far.

Any chance I could get that lovely Armada redux cover in a larger picture?

It would make a very nice wallpaper.

Yeah, I can render the scene at a higher res, but some effects might go wacky.

(And the models won't scale well - that's the reason all our release announcement graphics are tiny... they're scenes put together using in-game models).

Speaking about voice overs, I remember being attached as Civilan Comm officer #2. Is there anything else I should be doing about this?

That cutscene...

Is Bradshaw being grounded just a bad ending or is it a fixed plot?

Is Bradshaw being grounded just a bad ending or is it a fixed plot?
Which cutscene do you mean? Either way, when Bradshaw's grounded, that's a bad ending - it means you've lost too many fighters along the way (from your wing as a whole, not just your personal ejections).

Damn, I've got to get my gaming computer fixed and stat! You guys do such an amazing job with Standoff, my hat goes off to you. When episode 2 was released it single handedly reinvigorated my interest in Wing Commander.

You guys don't know what you're in for, this will be the battle of a lifetime, w/ many big surprises yet to come!!!

Back