Episode 3 release?

Well, any capship comm would be fine - just open up a random WC game, talk to a random capship, and record whatever the capship says.

I'm not silent. There's just not a lot I can do 'til I receive the necessary batch of lines. -.-

Send away, Ice, and I'll give you a part if your voice seems fitting for it. We never turn down good voices. ;)

Tempest said:
I'm not silent. There's just not a lot I can do 'til I receive the necessary batch of lines. -.-
Oh yeah? So where are the in-game Spoonses you were supposed to volumise? :p

Tempest... i sent you my voice overs a long time ago (TurboTim07@hotmail.com. was a comm officer) but i never heard from you again. is the part no longer required/used?

From what I remember, the batch you sent was unusable, due to the extent of the mic noise. If you can send a cleaner sample again, I'll see if we have something. My apologies for not getting back to you, TurboTim.

hmmm... alright. i'll try to record again. if it doesn't work then you can discard it :)

or i can find another mic...

anything you want me to say in particular?

Anything wingcommanderish is fine. 'Break and Attack', or a fearful, 'They're all over me'. Just something to show off the voice. ;)

"Aarrrgh, I'm being eaten by a big googley eyed sea monster!" (in a Kilrathi voice) would be a great line.

wcafun05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Ive had some problems with the recording program but I'll get it all straightened out and hopefully have somethin to you by the end of the month at the latest.

actual release date

STANDOFF is my favorite game, of all time. Not just my favorite mod, my favorite game. It i the "perfect" game as far as im concerned. I think ive said his before, but just know that i appreciate what you guys are doing, i really do. I am going crazy waiting for the release of the rest of the game though, and judging by the former rate of progress on episodes for you guys, and the info you've posted here and on the forum, im thinking its about time for a release date for episode 3...please post it, I hate waiting, not knowing how'll long ill have to. Ive logged like 500 hours on the simulator. Finals and christmas break are almost upon us, any chance of it being ready in time for break?

Episode 2 took about eight months, and it's been out for less than four months now. I'm not sure how you figure Episode 3 should be ready now.

FleeBalls said:
im thinking its about time for a release date for episode 3...please post it, I hate waiting, not knowing how'll long ill have to.
The reason why we don't post the release dates, however, is precisely to avoid unnecessarily frustrating the people waiting for it. This is why you will not know the release date for any episode until about a week or two before the actual release - it's only at that point that we can actually be certain to any degree that we'll be able to meet that deadline. It's one of the many lessons we learned from UE (which went through half a dozen different release dates before finally being finished).

Of course, the bright side to it is that once we do give you a release date, it'll be only a few weeks away, and won't be missed. :p

Unless, of course, you're struck by lightning. Say, isn't December a fairly stormy time of the year in the tropics? :p

Back