Epee Sketch

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
I felt like doing another WC sketch recently. So I did.

Yes, I know lots of people despise the humble Epee, but I like the design and it has a nice reference - not being a 'real' artist, I can't really draw from imagination.

Very nice - I always liked that WC 1 and especially 2 were rather colourful. Your sketch catches that quite nicely.

Let these kind words warm your heart when Germany wins against Australia tomorrow...hopefully. ;)

Thank you.

And I don't mind, really. A German friend of mine who studied with me in Sydney for a year was barracking hard for Australia at the last World Cup - so much so that Japanese visitors thought he was an Aussie. :)

Nice sketch, really. Reminds me so much of WC2 which I will hopefully play again soon. lll trade firepower for speed anytime.

Thank you. Glad to inspire a replay of WC2. :)

Don't worry about the duplicat posts, but do remember that you can edit your original post up to two hours after posting.

I may not know art, but I know what I like! The only thing I hated about the Epee was how stinking hard it was to hit an enemy one!

I really do like it. The first time I looked at it (and even now), I had to focus my eyes to make sure I wasn't looking at the actual Epee 3D model on the actual Concordia flight deck.

3D? Really? Amazing what a bit of shading can do to create that illusion.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone, I really appreciate it. :)

Did you chose the colours just by eyeing them? Because they seem to be spot on, even that weird neon green on the guns.

Sadly, no - I'm not that good. As I said, I did use a reference, although given that I started colouring from very clean image this time around, the colours came through very clearly - they weren't 'muddied' by the texture or the non-whiteness of the paper as they were with my previous sketches.

I'm attaching a shot of the actual WC2 Epee for reference. Good work Wedge!

Attachments

• WC2_Epee.PNG
    WC2_Epee.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 115
For a better frontal reference, I took a new screen shot of the Epee from WC2. Compare to Wedge's sketch, but as I mentioned before it's a good job!

Attachments

• WC2_Epee_boarding.PNG
    WC2_Epee_boarding.PNG
    84.6 KB · Views: 129
Compared to one another, it almost looks like conceptual art or something. Very impressive when compared to the original.

Back