Epee or Ferret

F4U Corsair

Spaceman
Epees are nice and all what with there missiles, but has anyone else run into problems with the Epee that they never ran into with the Ferret? I mean it just seems to me like the Partol class Ferret seems stronger

Thank you, thank you very much, first time I flew the Epee, I was like AHHHHHH WTF they said this was supposed to be an improvement on the friggin Ferret!

Exactly...since the Epee's shields and armors seemed rather razor thin...it meant all those wonderful wingman who loved to shoot you with their particle cannons got more credit for your death than the Kilrathi...

Hey, my wingmen spent more time hiding behind me then shooting me, I was the only thing keeping them from certain doom, the only one who ever shot me was freaken Knight, and I always killed him on the first mission after that ne way.

Epee was poor, French for "thick" seems to fit pretty well. ha ha. I always hated the mission in SO where you fly with against the confed ships. Their ships were always better. I dont quite get it, upsets me some.

Thing I always noticed was that when I was shooting up close and personnal the two particle shots would part and go around the bad guy and not actually hit it. Game glitch??

The issue with the Epee (and the Sabre) was their shield recharge rates - the shields were 'stronger' than the Ferret, but they didn't reload so quickly and thus seemed weaker.

climber said:
Thing I always noticed was that when I was shooting up close and personnal the two particle shots would part and go around the bad guy and not actually hit it. Game glitch??

HEY YEAH!! I noticed that too, But it only happened in the Epee, it worked fine in the Morningstar.

Didn't the sabre have an amazing shield recharge rate?
I hate the eppee. So does 90% of people who played wc2

Edfilho said:
Well, It did survive longer than the Rapier G... I hated it.

See but thats why knight sucks at life. The Rapier was faster, It could survive long enough to recharge and repair. Knight would just take a Broadsword and sit back and relax while his Turrets pounded away at enemy fighters

F4U Corsair said:
Ugh... my point is IF he had the chance THAT is prolly the fighter He'd choose,

And Saddam Hussein would've won the Gulf War if he had access to Rapier-G's and Sabres. So?

Haesslich said:
And Saddam Hussein would've won the Gulf War if he had access to Rapier-G's and Sabres. So?

I think theres a big difference here, we're talking about the reason someone sucked at life, not the Woulda coulda shoulda of history, ok heres another way of putting it, Knight was a bad Pilot who relied way too much on Armor to protect him... PERIOD!

I liked the Epee about equal with how much I liked the Ferret while flying them and if I was picking fighters for a carrier I would grab Epees over ferrets because the idea of high-speed torpedo attacks appeals to me. My only real probelm with the Fleet Action and Price of Freedom novels is that I don't recall the FRL or UBW ever using Epees and I feel they would grab them due to the versatility factor.

Back