English Subs Added To German WC Dubs (May 25, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
A while back, the German magazine PC Player created several promotional videos for its cover discs. These took popular PC game cutscenes and dubbed them with dialogue about the staff of the magazine. It should be no surprise that several Wing Commander pieces were made. TomGaines has collected clips that were done for Wing Commander 3, 4 and Prophecy. He's even improved the video quality with his own source material and added English subtitles. I think the Prophecy one is the best. You can grab all three divx files in a zip here.

--
Original update published on May 25, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prophecy one is great. The WC4 one was quite funny too. Wasn't there a news update about something like this some time ago?

Hey, I made it to the news section :)

A little tidbit, for those who are interested:
The voice of Blair in the WC3 cutscene is the original german voice of the game (and not dubbed by the PCPlayer team).

The remastering of the video of WC3 and especially of WC Prophecy were not that easy to do, as some might think. These clips were not continous but were trimmed in a lot of places. I hope it is not that noticeable, that I had to try to make the same cuts at the same places.
The original video was quite bad. It was originally made at the times, each game was just released. The video compression wasn't really good back then.

Hey, great find, TomGaines!
I actually liked the WC4 one best, nice handling of Mark Hammill's movie background, and very good use of Maniac's tic of always wanting to be the hotshot. But Casey and Hawk in squeaky voices are also hilarious.
Also quite good translation work - it's hard to get the German colloquialisms into English, but you did a great job.

Back