editing guns

S

snuzzleduck

couple of questions
1) changing the name of confed guns is easy enough to do, but it doesn't seem that the alien guns even support names, is there any way to change that?

2) also, restricting turret movement seems easy enough, but anyone know how to restrict them to rear firing only?

They do get a name, it's laser
smile.gif
I rarely ever switch guns with alien ships, if I do I already know what that they are and what they look like when they fire. I don't know how if you can change the naming.

Why do you want to resrict the turret fire? The turrets on the Devastator have 360' fields of fire and the Shrikes have 180 I think so the ones you can control should be able to fire behind you.

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
The alien guns do actually have official names, such as Maser and Gorgon. They just aren't programmed in to the gun editor thing.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

i been messing around a lot with the guns, making new ones and such, and i was hoping to be able to have them show up as something other than "laser"

and as far as restricting guns go, i stuck some on the excalibur and another ship so as to simulate the auto tracking guns from wc3 and restricted them so that they would only be able to shoot at things in your field of view, but i was wanting to stick a rear firing turret on the other ship, which is a bomber of sorts.

still if anyone knows if theres a way feel free to reply

you can change the attributes of the guns with WCPedit, and i use an .iff editor to change the meshes or mats that the gun uses or change the scale or something. you can get either of those from the files section of this webpage, i think, or check out HCL's page if not

I'm interested in this guns you been editing, i dont know how to do it, but it would add new life to WC, can you put them to download or e-mail the to me? I'd appreciate to see pictures of this guns firing, maybe here??

THX

KillerWave said:
I'm interested in this guns you been editing, i dont know how to do it, but it would add new life to WC, can you put them to download or e-mail the to me? I'd appreciate to see pictures of this guns firing, maybe here??

THX

It will look like a normal gun from Prophecy or SO, since all you will do is change it's stats. You can change guns using WCPedit which can be downloaded from Thomas Bruckners (sp?) site. It's in the CIC links section. Also, the older version of WCPedit is available at the CIC files section, but the newer one is much better.

i did make something different. its actually pretty easy to change the mesh or mat files for the guns. i'm sending you the guns and a couple of ships that use them. i've made a bunch of stuff, i'm working on setting up a web site that will have it all.

p.s. remember to back up you're old stuff

D'oh, i was planning to send it via e-mail, but you're address isn't listed. let me know what it is and i'll e-mail the stuff to you

Where can I get an .iff editor for WCP. I am adding a turret to the Panther and the Vampire where that point defense system should have been.

go to the links section and go to Thomas Brukners page, its in the Tools section

there ya go killerwave. let me know if it go through ok

by the way, DeathsHead, whats that about a point defense system?

You know that little turret-like object on the Panther and Vampire? I want to put a working turret one those ships, I forgot how do do it though.

Back