ECM Packages

Keikogi

Spaceman
*Title* Whats the key to realease them? Also...I looked at the manual and I didnt find controlls..Is there a readme with a list of them? Thanks for any help.

The ECM packages were automatic in the original Privateer -- unlike the chaff pods and decoys in other Wing Commander games, the ECM pods are installed devices that spoof missiles with an electrical signal.

[ALT+e] is the latest keybinding to activate ECM (but older versions might still use just [e]). Which key used you can find in the vegastrike.config text file under the 'bindings' heading. Look for "ecm".

This is mentioned under the Electronic Counter Measures section in the .pdf manual second paragraph. At the end of the manual is a Quick Key Guide being a couple of sheets to have next to you when you're playing. It's mentioned there too.

Also, ECM is designed as a 'switch on' and constantly work system, rather than than WC1&2 style dropping chaff each time you hit the key.

Lastly, there have been rumours that the ECM process in the VS engine is broken and being fixed.

In the spirit of the original, I'd much rather they were simply on. IE, I'd rather not have to switch them on, as there is no cockpit indicators anywhere in the privateer cockpits saying whether they are on or not. With some time, I'll have a look at it, should be easy to fix, though I feel a bit sorry for vegastrike.config, already littered as it is with privateer specific variables lol.

MamiyaOtaru said:
In the spirit of the original, I'd much rather they were simply on. IE, I'd rather not have to switch them on, as there is no cockpit indicators anywhere in the privateer cockpits saying whether they are on or not. With some time, I'll have a look at it, should be easy to fix, though I feel a bit sorry for vegastrike.config, already littered as it is with privateer specific variables lol.

I think that ECM should engage when you engage your guns/weapons.
Why have it on when you don't need it?

If you want to appear NON-confrontational, ECM says you don't trust.

ECM should be part of the guns/weapons-on system. As for shields, I think that they should be full power when first switched on and should be always OFF until switched on. Like in Star-Trek, but then, who am I? Just another Luser.

Just my $0.02
Wendy

Well, since in the original it was automatic..you cant really make it push activated. Because you dont have a "Incoming missle" alarm thingy. If they put that in there that would stray a little bit from the original concept. It would be cool to do though. Anyway, The ECM is a little buggy. It always activates my Cloaking device the first time I press it. And somtimes when I press it my shields go down. So I dont know if im cloaked or the ECM is on.. So I guess ill go mess with it some more.

Back