Dralthi?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Too bad there's not an online Wing Commander game a' la Armada, where we could duke it out in interstellar dogfights....

I would embarrass everyone by gaining the top stats in nothing but a Hellcat.

SCORE ONE MORE FOR THE MANIAC :D !!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Although I agree with you in any aspect of the Hellcat, to be fair, we have to say that the Hellcat does more damage with her guns than the Arrow, since she carries Neutron guns instead of the Arrow's lasers

But compare that with a T-bolt and her Plasma, Photon and Meson guns. It might be slower but those guns and the protection more than makes up for it.

Re: Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Too bad there's not an online Wing Commander game a' la Armada, where we could duke it out in interstellar dogfights....

I would embarrass everyone by gaining the top stats in nothing but a Hellcat.

SCORE ONE MORE FOR THE MANIAC :D !!

:eek: Then i'd come and kick your ass in a ferret. If ya want to prove your a great pilot, take on three wings of jalkehi's in a ferret.

That's it.

Simple, huh

(...)It's only a mistake in VS to give her the same gun loadout as the Arrow.

Really? Whoa, I didn't know that.... I only played thru WC3 once or twice, and it was a long time ago (I had borrowed it from a friend, and unfortunately I had to return it, eventually :p) Anyway, I simply got those stats from the CIC's ship database, just to show mathematical evidence that this Hellcat fan is nuts. ;)

--Eder

??

Although I agree with you in any aspect of the Hellcat, to be fair, we have to say that the Hellcat does more damage with her guns than the Arrow, since she carries Neutron guns instead of the Arrow's lasers. It's only a mistake in VS to give her the same gun loadout as the Arrow.

Tell me when its false but the WC3 Hellcat carried 2 lasers and 2 ion guns.

Re: ??

Originally posted by Lynx

IIRC, the WC3 Hellcat had two photon guns and two ion guns? It's been a long while....

:confused:

Nah, that sounds like the WC IV version except I think it was armed with two Particle cannons and two Ion cannons, IIRC, the WC III version had two neutron cannons and two ion cannons

That's Right!

Because I had the 3DO version and I remember playing the game and knowing every system on the Hellcat V (my hands-down, all-time favorite Wing Commander fighter). I saw that it had the two neutron guns and in the Victory Streak it said two laser cannons. I was like "WHAT!?"

Doesn't the database around here have the straight dope on the WC3 & WC4 Hellcat weapons loadouts...?

Nope

Apparently not :(

I just checked and it simply shows the two laser cannons from the Victory Streak manual. Does anyone have Three installed on their PC still to confirm what the guns were...?

... and yes, the WC4 Hellcat had two particle cannons and two ion guns.

I got it, not played it for a few weeks, but i am *sure* (willing to stake vital parts of my anatomy) that the WC III HellcatV is armed with two neutron cannons and two ion cannons

There was a discussion on manual stats vs. game stats here a while ago, and the most logical explanation given at the time was that the ships you fly aren't necessarily using their standard equipments.
For instance, in WC3, you only get to fly Hellcats equipped with Neutrons and Ions... but the loadout most commonly listed as "standard" throughout the galaxy (and therefore, listed as such in the manual) is Lasers and Ions. Same goes for WC1 armor stats: if you compare the game data to the manual, you'll notice that the fighters you fly have 1 or 2 extra centimeters of armor than listed in Claw Marks. Again, the manual may be listing the most commonly seen configuration, and you might simply have gotten lucky and flown ships in which some magical Pliers-like mechanic managed to squeeze some more armor :)

--Eder

Re: ??

Originally posted by Lynx

It's false. The Hellcat you fly in WC3 carries two Neutron guns and 2 Ion cannons. If it had the same guns as the Arrow it would be really really crappy.

Back