DragonCon 2005!

Dahan said:
What the!?!?!? You going to the Convention and you going to eat fast food!?!!
You get to eat it almost anywhere, what happen to budgeting for some decent food or something, like pasta and salads or something??

Because that would cut into the funds to buy all sorts of useless crap in the dealer room, of course.

I mean, yeah, you could pick up a fancy meal, but at the expense of that almost-nonexistent special [insert SF universe here] toy? Not hardly.

Death said:
$10 for a McD meal? It's like 3-5 bucks for regular-sized value meals, and it's easy to keep it around 5 bucks for a meal from the Peachtree Mall (and, for those not familiar with Atlanta, look carefully at road maps... "Peachtree" is the name of damn near every other road in Atlanta) foodcourt. Someone's been ripping you off, Striker. :)

Nah, I figured you eat fast food for lunch $3-5 and then a more traditional meal at night $15. I guess I should have specified that.

Maj.Striker said:
Nah, I figured you eat fast food for lunch $3-5 and then a more traditional meal at night $15. I guess I should have specified that.

That's an accurate description of what happens.

Dahan said:
If it is alot then put only the ones worth watching i suppose

Then it takes a lot of time to edit.

Well folks I’m defiantly interested. ( :) Assuming Chris and I can workout a price on a flight suit. ;) ) Where do I go to get tickets and do the folks that are going already have a room? If so what floor? (That way we can stay on the same floor.) I don’t mind splitting a room with someone.

Let’s try to make this the biggest turn out yet. :D

Unless you specifically request a certain room or floor, they generally give you whatever's available at the time you check in.

As for tickets, if you mean to Dragon*Con, here is a good place to start... and you might want to do so soon, as the advance-purchase price for all 4 days goes up to $70 May 14, from their current price of $60 (at-the-door price for all 4 days is $85).

I expect we'll be able to make a number of flight suits this summer, but we always make ita priority for DragonCon attendees. As Death said, the four day door pass is at http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_members.htm
How do you plan to travel? Flights from Tampa to Atlanta seem to be going for about $260, which seems slightly on the high side for the short distance.

Are you going to sell any Flight Suits at D*C, as I would love one.

I'll be buying a Baseball cap too

Yeah, I expect we'll be able to make a number of flight suits this summer, but we always make ita priority for DragonCon attendees.

I think we've had this conversation in several threads before.. The suit should be around a hundred dollars.

sorry If I repeated the question. That price seems fair, only £50 for me :D

Hopefully the WC Parade will be a lot bigger this year

I’ll probably drive up. It’s probably about a seven-hour drive. Not bad really. I’ll have AAA whip up a map before I leave.

Yes $250 for a flight is a bit expensive for a two-hour flight.

$100 doesn’t sound too bad for a suit.

I’ll have to look into getting the DC tickets this weekend. So how many people do we have going?

Hard to say, as usual about 7-10 returning people from the previous years and half a dozen who've emailed me or privately inquired seriously about details. Fortunately several new people live in Georgia and may be able to attend easily based on that. Even though now is the time we should solidify travel and hotel plans, people tend not to think hard about it till the summer.

Shades2585 said:
I’ll probably drive up. It’s probably about a seven-hour drive. Not bad really. I’ll have AAA whip up a map before I leave.

Should you be one of those that consider speed limits suggestions, you might want to bring along a radar detector. The GA state troopers will be extra-hyped for Labor Day weekend, and they love writing speeding tickets.

(Don't ask how I know, obvious answer. :D )

LOL Thanks for the tip. I don’t have a radar detector so I guess I'll just have to make sure I don't go more then five over when I get there. Cruise control can be a wonderful thing.

Actually, you can go 10 over before they bother to hit you, as the odds are high that traffic court will probably knock it down 10-15mph for people who don't have a bad record, which makes it not worth the effort to ticket someone for 10 over.

Again, experience speaking.

(You don't think I got this because I liked the rear seat room, do you? :p )

How many people from the UK do you think are going, or likely to be going (from the CIC I mean). I know there's me and Hades

Back