Don't be this guy

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
To all you turds considering going to BUD/S, don't put some stupid shit on your blog about how much you are a badass and how you want to kill bad guys and how "no way in hell I'm goin to quit ever". Or you'll find that the Instructors here will have your blog printed out and posted everywhere in their offices, quarterdeck, and student barracks. And that they'll be waiting for you with eager anticipation, just like this one dumbshit .

P.S. The last guy who did this and said "I'll die before I'd quit", lasted all of three days after checking in. Didn't even class up yet :D

I wonder if he's gonna start balling in actual combat:

"I'm such tough shit man, I could," *bang* followed by a *boom* "AAAIIEEE! I think I just shit myself."

Dumbshit's not even shipped to boot camp yet. Meanwhile, I'm Paying The Man.

Also, it's not about how strong or how fast you can run or do the Obstacle Course. It's about moving with a purpose, attention to detail (if you can't get your room or uniform or simple gear squared away, wtf they want to trust weapons and ammo with you?), and how bad you want it.

P.S. I run a 29:00 on my 4-mile timed beach run in combat boots, 59:00 in my 3000m swims, and haven't failed a single inspection so far...

McGruff said:
Or maybe the guy really is the badest badass ever. Could be.

Then he wouldnt need to brag about it, would he. :p

I guess everyone thinks they're a badass until proven otherwise

McGruff said:
Or maybe the guy really is the badest badass ever. Could be.

While Babe Ruth is reported to have said "It ain't bragging if you can do it", until evidence is actually provided that one CAN "do it", all claims of superiority are, at the very least, suspect.

To tell you the truth, your psych stuff has to be taken care off before they even let you join the Navy or get your orders to BUD/S. I had a really intensive psych eval before I even swore in. The psych test they give once one gets here to the NSWC is very basic, it only looks for people with severe pathological disorders. The "do you like to torture animals" questions sort of deals.

If I have time, I'll see if I can upload the article that dumbshit's predecessor had on his newspaper about how badass he was and how he'd "Die Before I'd Quit" (it was the article headline for god's sake). It's old business cause he's already long and gone.

I could for real make him cry for his mommy.

USMC Drill Instructor, '86 - '88, 1st Recruit Training Battalion, "A" & "C" Co., MCRD San Diego, Cal.

Ridgerunner said:
I could for real make him cry for his mommy.

USMC Drill Instructor, '86 - '88, 1st Recruit Training Battalion, "A" & "C" Co., MCRD San Diego, Cal.
Do it!!! Now! And make sure you get a video of it.

Not everybody is cut out for the military lifestyle, I'm pretty fit and I'm not daft but I would probably wash out because I'm undisciplined and don't know when to shut up (Not to mention serving in the british army and having the name Paddy wouldn't go well together)

Discipline can be learned so also is knowing when to shut up. (Even though most here would argue that I never seem to.) I have many friends within the army and navy and marines. Most of them were loud undisciplined free thinking. For the five that didn't wash out are quiet calculated and so forth. You don't really need a natural ability in the area of personality to join the military.

-Rance-

Heh... I wonder how many of them had ex-military gym teachers.

Wound up doing a cut-down version of PT for the first third of every gym class for a couple of years - that kicked my pasty bookworm rear into shape faster than anything before or since short of timber work - and definitely drilled a bit of humility into me.

Oh, Psych, congradts on being a perfectionist hardnose. Good to know there's still a few out there.

Chernikov said:
Heh... I wonder how many of them had ex-military gym teachers.

Wound up doing a cut-down version of PT for the first third of every gym class for a couple of years - that kicked my pasty bookworm rear into shape faster than anything before or since short of timber work - and definitely drilled a bit of humility into me.

Personally, I have a problem with ex-military gym teachers. I certainly had one back in high school and he didn't really get me in better shape. They act like they are on a power trip and take it out on teenagers, and act like a Drill Instructor. Doesn't sound too cool to me, especially when they are fat and overweight and say "I get up at 5:45 in the morning and run! Why don't you?!?!"

And you guys haven't experienced pain unless you've been beaten by an Instructor who is talking very very fast through the bullhorn with no break:

"Hit the surf, wet and sandy! (then when you come back all weighed down by water) . . . Backs. Feet. Bellies. Feet. Backs. Bellies. Feet. Bellies. Backs. Feet. Bellies. . . . Flutter kicks, ready . . . 1, 2, 3 . . . 1, 2, 3 . . . 1, 2, 3 . . . 1, 2, 3 . . . 1, 2, 3 . . . Monkey fuckers, ready . . . 1, 2, 3, . . . . 1, 2, 3. . . . pushups, ready . . . down, down, down, down, down, down . . . 8-counts, ready, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 . . . 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. . . bear crawl up the berm to the surf, and reverse bear crawl back . . ."

Back