Did he or didn't he?

jedi2187

Spaceman
Did Tolwyn know about the impending alien force more powerful than the Kilrathi? Was he very adept with Kilrathi history like Zero's father that it probably got him to create the Black Ops for such an occasion?
you can tell I don't know my WC history that well.....

p.s. What was the name of that alien race?

The name of the alien race was Neliphem. tolwyn probably knew about the stories (in fact, Tolwyn mentioned it in WC4 novel).

Balrog said:
The name of the alien race was Neliphem. tolwyn probably knew about the stories (in fact, Tolwyn mentioned it in WC4 novel).

He was thinking of the Mantu, and stories of other races nearer to the Galatic core. No mention was made of the Nephilim being an actual threat, since they were more myth than a historical record. He was afraid that there were other races that would make the Kilrathi look like schoolyard bullies; unfortunately, he was right in that regard, even if his approach to 'solving' the matter created more problems than it would've fixed (survivors of the bioconvergence's first wave would die off on planets bereft of infrastructure, carried off by the secondary epidemics that Doctor Clivers talked about in the novel).

There's an indication in Action Stations that Confed knows about the Nephilim - and the ICIS manual strongly hints at an abandoned WCP plot thread which involved Confed 'covering up' the fact that they knew about the aliens beforehand.

Why would ConFleet cover up the alien threat? It's not like Stargate where the entire world would go into shock if there were aliens. I don't see the "mass panic/apocalypse" issue with the Confederation.

PS: I thought you were in the hospital after the bird attack?

Bandit LOAF said:
There's an indication in Action Stations that Confed knows about the Nephilim

Has Forstchen or anyone else for that matter stated that the Mantu threat in Fleet Action is The Nephilim? The books have repeatedly mentioned other threats, including Tolwyn's speech at the end of the WC4 novelization.

I really think that the point here is: did the writers of WCP's script read the books? If positive, did they consider it canon? Did they think it mattered?

Why would ConFleet cover up the alien threat? It's not like Stargate where the entire world would go into shock if there were aliens. I don't see the "mass panic/apocalypse" issue with the Confederation.

Well... consider: Tolwyn knew the full extent of the alien threat (something we, the players, still do not know), and he went crazy because of it. That was basically the reasoning for such a plot - to give the alien menace more credibility without actually reavealing anythinga bout it.

PS: I thought you were in the hospital after the bird attack?

Wha?

Has Forstchen or anyone else for that matter stated that the Mantu threat in Fleet Action is The Nephilim? The books have repeatedly mentioned other threats, including Tolwyn's speech at the end of the WC4 novelization.

No. Prophecy's ICIS manual negates the 'Mantu' idea - and then Action Station features something other than the Mantu.

I really think that the point here is: did the writers of WCP's script read the books? If positive, did they consider it canon? Did they think it mattered?

Yes and yes.

In fact, as Forstchen himself has said, the request that he add references to an unspecified alien threat in various novels came from Origin.

I... don't think people are really... attacked by birds much... this not being The Flinstones and all. :)

I could just see Loaf screaming inside a phone booth while a cloud of birds divebomb it . . . Then the medication wears off and the image fades. :rolleyes:

No, I've been watching "The Birds", which is a A.H. film, which puts it on par with the Twilight Zone . . . the old one.

(Note: I haven't actually been watching it. I just know that scene)

Back