Defiance's Eyecandy Thread

While I turret away...I wanted to try and recreate one of the WC4 magazine covers...
WC4_MagCover_SM.jpg

I've got two Hellcats, one for each of ya...

Twin_Hellcats1.jpg Twin_Hellcats4.jpg

Really, I think the Hellcat is probably my favorite fighter of the WC3/4 Era with the Excalibur a close second aesthetically speaking. Yes the Excal mops the floor with anything Human or Kat, but the Hellcat just looks like a fighter. I dunno, anyway enjoy!

Lovely! Have to agree, there is something special about the Hellcat aesthetically. It just looks right somehow as a fighter. Rugged, tough, no frills.
I prefer the WC4 version, which is why I built that one.

Lovely! Have to agree, there is something special about the Hellcat aesthetically. It just looks right somehow as a fighter. Rugged, tough, no frills.
I prefer the WC4 version, which is why I built that one.

Thanks!

I agree, I also think it has something to do with the paint. The yellow angled paint looks more aggressive to me than the green checkerboard. Though there are a few things about the WC3 version that I like, the exposed panels under the wings and the dual "turbochargers" for lack of a better term for the greebles on the hull behind the cockpit. (When I modeled them I used a P-38 turbocharger as a concept.) Overall though I think the WC4 variant is the better of the two (it also has better guns). :)

Thanks!

I agree, I also think it has something to do with the paint. The yellow angled paint looks more aggressive to me than the green checkerboard. Though there are a few things about the WC3 version that I like, the exposed panels under the wings and the dual "turbochargers" for lack of a better term for the greebles on the hull behind the cockpit. (When I modeled them I used a P-38 turbocharger as a concept.) Overall though I think the WC4 variant is the better of the two (it also has better guns). :)

Yep, I wasn't a fan of the WC3 Hellcat paint job, I thought it was a bit dull. I also tend to think that I enjoyed flying the WC4 version more because 4 is overall a better game for me. Hard to be sure.

I am shamelessly plugging my own work on your thread (sorry, sorry..), but seeing as you are a fan of the Hellcat, I take it you've seen my balsa model?

Your detail on your model gave me an idea on enhancing my texture for my WC4 version... if you don't mind me borrowing

Go for it! I borrowed it straight from the game anyway. Tried to stick as close to the source material as possible. If you need a different angle, give me a shout.

Hey @L.I.F. - I recall you stating you wanted something movie-ish for the Gettysburg. Here's a stab at what I thought a "late-model" cruiser might look like using the movie as a guide. Of course, it's totally out of place with the other models. I put together the basic hull. There would be engines, gun turrets, etc. on a finished model. Lemme know what you think.

Gettysburg_WCM_WIP1.jpg Gettysburg_WCM_WIP2.jpg Gettysburg_WCM_WIP3.jpg Gettysburg_WCM_WIP4.jpg Gettysburg_WCM_WIP5.jpg

Hey @L.I.F. - I recall you stating you wanted something movie-ish for the Gettysburg. Here's a stab at what I thought a "late-model" cruiser might look like using the movie as a guide. Of course, it's totally out of place with the other models. I put together the basic hull. There would be engines, gun turrets, etc. on a finished model. Lemme know what you think.

View attachment 8511 View attachment 8512 View attachment 8513 View attachment 8514 View attachment 8515
Seems pretty inline with the style of the other BL ships, and it could be a predecessor to the Cerberus, if we give it a superheavy turret on the front ventral slot. It could integrate itself nicely to the fleet as a raiding cruiser, maybe with integrated ECM capabilities like the jammer transport (albeit with a lower range). Dunno what you people think about it - asking everyone here - but maybe it could have turret emplacements in the inclined edges of the hull, like dug into it rather than simply turrets stuck on the main shape. That way, it could have four AMG turrets, six laser ones (four forward-facing emplacements in the edges, one on top and bottom of the rear platform) and the hypothetical superheavy battery (big honking plasma gun?).

Suggestions?

Here's kind of what I had envisioned when I originally modelled the thing.

Gettysburg_WCM_Weaps.jpg

If you can animate it, I thought about adding two banks of VLS anti-air missiles behind the foremost and aft A/M guns to cover the fore and aft.

Last edited:
Seems pretty inline with the style of the other BL ships
I wasn't actually thinking about that when I was working on it but you're right, the style is pretty similar to the BL carrier. It also has kind of a Star Blazers (Space Battle Ship Yamato for you purists) vibe to it.

BL_CarrierWIP4.png

I also put some guns on it for scale and positioning purposes.

Gettysburg_WCM_WIP6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's kind of what I had envisioned when I originally modelled the thing.

View attachment 8516

If you can animate it, I thought about adding two banks of VLS anti-air missiles behind the foremost and aft A/M guns to cover the fore and aft.
VLS batteries are not an issue at all, I can do them and intend to have some for the modular weapons of the Border Worlds.

Though I was thinking of having the same kind of "holes" - dunno how to call them properly - you have on the sides, but on the front side, being corners instead of rectangle, if you see what I mean.
I wasn't actually thinking about that when I was working on it but you're right, the style is pretty similar to the BL carrier. It also has kind of a Star Blazers (Space Battle Ship Yamato for you purists) vibe to it.

View attachment 8517

I also put some guns on it for scale and positioning purposes.

View attachment 8518
Well, looks like we have the successor of the Concordia battleships from the Movie here. :)

Back